Who is sitting out? I am!
im_simonds
Contributor - Level 1

I got tired of fighting the phone lines and preordering.  After the hassle of getting through my hopes would vanish day after day seeing the shlipping date slip.  I finally smarten up and started sitting out.  I load my iPad with 4-5 movies I haven't seen before, grab some snacks, and head to my local Verizon after work on Thursday (430 pm). I'm the first in line and I always get a phone at 8 am when the store opens, my choice.  Once the doors open, the line goes around the building.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Who is sitting out? I am!
tojhtc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not waiting overnight but will be there early in the morning. This started this when I preordered an iPhone one year, took the day off so I would be home for it and it wasn't delivered until after 8pm that night. I would rather wait outside the store even if there is no guarantee what will be available.

iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

The could work unless you want a Jet Black model because that model probably not be available in store on launch day unless it is a really huge store that sells a ton of phones.

tojhtc
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is so true...last year the store I was at did not have any of the Plus phones and were extremely limited with a few of the color/size options as well. I have no interest in the jet black so am hoping they at least have both sizes with a variety of colors so that I have options.

caryrae73
Contributor - Level 1

I am a patient person and doesn't bother me if  I have to wait an extra week or 2 for my 7 plus. When I got my 6 plus 2 years ago I got lucky and the day after it's launch I checked the apple website and there were apple stores near me that had some in stock so I placed my order online to pick up at the Apple Store and got it that day.

0 Likes
THEPCGUY86

I am going to be sitting out for the first time. I am in the Rochester, NY area. Is anyone around here that can tell me around what time i should start sitting at the Verizon Store?

0 Likes
caryrae73
Contributor - Level 1

Just saw a CNET YouTube video apple has sold out of all 7 plus models and apple stores will have no 7 pluses on the 16th. Didn't mention carrie stores.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Apple won’t have any iPhone 7 Plus models for sale in stores on Friday - Recode

While the iPhone 7 Plus is completely sold out, Apple said its stores will have limited quantities of the iPhone 7 in all colors except jet black, which is also sold out.

0 Likes
phixx79
Contributor - Level 1

That is correct.  They have confirmed that Jet Black and ALL Plus models will not be available in the store on launch day.

0 Likes