Voicemail won't delete - iPhone
DAN_GROSTICK

When I delete a voicemail, it reappears almost immediately.  I've powered off the phone and restarted it. Still unable to delete voicemails.

iPhone 7  iOs 11.2.5

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail won't delete - iPhone
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Try to put the phone in Airplane Mode, delete the voicemail and then turn Airplane Mode back off.

JASBUT69
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any other options? This did not work for me at all. Very frustrating and my mailbox is full, missing messages now Smiley Sad

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Dial *86 and delete your messages from there. Other than that you might need to make an appointment and visit an Apple store.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would feel just as frustrated if my messages were not deleting, DAN.GROSTICK. 

Can you tell me when this started happening? Did you try dialing *86 [send]? 

When you in the Voicemail app, you can listen to the message and then delete from there. Otherwise, you can select EDIT from the main voicemail screen, and delete multiple messages if you want to. Do both of these options bring the messages back to your phone? 

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JASBUT69, I am so sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with deleting your voicemails on your iPhone. I completely understand how frustrating this can be. I want to make sure that you are on the right path to being able to delete your voicemail messages successfully. Can you please describe how you are attempting to delete your voicemails? If you are using your green Phone app to delete your voicemails, I would suggest dialing *86 reach basic voicemail and after typing in your voicemail password you can listen to each of your voicemail messages and tap onto 7 to erase it.  

BrettA_VZW 

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DAVNOR65
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a similar problem, but let’s provide a better explanation.  I have two voice mails that I can’t delete via the iPhone “phone” application.  I slide them to the left, the delete button appears, tap deleted and within 5 seconds they are back.  I’ve also tried tapping the edit button and then delete after selecting the messages in the iPhone phone application, same result.  If I go to *86 and access my voice mail the old fashioned way, there are no voice mail messages in my inbox.  The issue seems to be with the iPhone?

MAGICGREY
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did the airplane thing. No joy. Found another web site. Said to turn off WIFI. I turned off WIFI, Turned on Airplane. Deleted. Turned off Airplane. Turned on WIFI. Problem solved. Good luck.

BRASTO3

I recently began having the same issue...but this only seems to be happening to voicemails that my daughter leaves me from her iphone 7. Two things have worked. One, I put my phone into airplane mode then deleted the message. When I turned off airplane mode the message stayed gone. I also had my daughter call me again and leave another voicemail. I was then able to delete both the original and the new one. Oddly, when I did first delete her message and it popped back up, her message was in both my normal message folder and in my deleted voicemail folder. 

0 Likes
scar1956
Enthusiast - Level 1

Your solution worked like a charm worked like a charm for me as well. Thanks, Magicgrey!

MAGICGREY: I did the airplane thing. No joy. Found another web site. Said to turn off WIFI. I turned off WIFI, Turned on Airplane. Deleted. Turned off Airplane. Turned on WIFI. Problem solved. Good luck.