Voicemail message
brlee
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I receive a voicemail message a voice comes on and tells me when the call was received, how long the message is etc.  How to I stop receiving this information?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Bonnie

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bonnie, we want to help you get that voice announcement to stop.  Let's get some additional details.  What is the make and model of your phone?  Are your getting any other announcements? 

Ralpht_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
brlee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Ralpht,

My phone is a iPhone 7 Plus

0 Likes
brlee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry, hit send to fast.  I get no other messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing those details, brlee. We do want to help find a solution for this. When specifically did this start? Has your voicemail always done this with the iPhone 7? Walk me through how you access your voicemail messages.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my  response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
brlee
Enthusiast - Level 3

JosephE,

I just bought the iPhone 7Plus last week and realized it had that message right away. I access my messages when a little reel to reel symbol show up in my notifications.  I pull that down and I'm in my voicemail.

Bonnie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brlee,

Going into Settings, General, Accessibility do you see that the VoiceOver or Speech settings are enabled? If so, please disable and test to see if the issues persist.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
brlee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks AdamG, but Voice Over is off and nothing is turned on in Speech. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@brlee

Sorry that didn’t help. However, you’re referring to the date/time stamp of each individual voicemail message. You can change this option in the voicemail “Administrative Options” settings menu. After you call your voicemail (dial *86), select “Personal Options”, then “Administrative Options” (General Options), then “Message review options” and lastly, “Envelope Info”. Here you can disable this feature. Please let me know how that works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If  my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer�  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!    

0 Likes
brlee
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got as far as Personal Options. Once I pressed 4 for Personal Options the only options I got were Change Password, Change Personal Greeting, Change Language.

0 Likes