Re: Verizon sold me a refurbished phone as new
mama23dogs
Legend

You click on the camera icon ⤴️ That appears when you select reply

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly value your security and well as your business with us, SilverSassyLady. I can confirm the device was released as a new model in 2018. Upon review of the IMEI you provided there has only been one activation. What application was the document found in?  YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
SilverSassyLady
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found it in Docs.  It is called "Chevrolet by the numbers 1960-1964".  Date and person who downloaded document above in previous post.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry that there was an error. We can confirm that this was a newer device. Please reach out if you have any other questions.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
SilverSassyLady
Enthusiast - Level 2

So the date of the download is a hoax, a www error?  Sorry, doubtful.  

For fun, I'll try to track down the person who downloaded it.

TY for your input.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that we clear up any confusion regarding your phone, SilverSassyLady. The issue you are are referring to is third party software based and not indicative of a used phone. We have confirmed the phone was sold new. If you have any other questions, just let us know. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
Jbfletcher76
Enthusiast - Level 1

This just happened to me as well! I paid over $500 for a NEW phone and when I started setting up I got a screen that said this device is under remote management by BIMBO BAKERIES!!! I was going to give this to my teenage son! I’m furious. I spent an hour with two different l online chat representatives (since it was after business hours). They’re going to send a new phone and bill me for it, then refund the first device after they receive it at the warehouse. Which means I need to make another trip to take it to a UPS store. Did I get a credit? Nope. Just free shipping for a phone I already paid for and will be billed for again...it’s been a terrible hassle so far and my trust on Verizon is zero right now. It’s a shame because I have purchased several devices from them and have been a customer for years. 

NotSoHappyCustomr
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is not just seniors and not just Verizon.  I just purchased my 4th "new" phone that is used and this time it came from APPLE in Edina, MN.  The new one I just got a new iPhone 13 pro max and it also has a manufacturer reset date on it. I am a disabled veteran and I can feel your pain.  I wonder if they are taking advantage of both of us being in a vulnerable class of people but I don't think so.  How do you go up against a multi billion dollar company who has monopolized the cellular market? I can't even get as good of service elsewhere even though Tmobile claims to be so great. Not over here.    Going up against Verizon and Apple? They are untouchable at this point. Most people don't even know any better until someone starts hacking their accounts remotely.  Gotta love technology

0 Likes
NotSoHappyCustomr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, How do you explain a factory reset date prior to purchase? Sassy Lady, one way to confirm if your phone is used but still has an "N" model number is to check your settings and go to cellular. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and if you have not manufacturer reset it yourself yet, it will show the last time the phone was factory reset.  If this date is before your purchase date, you know darn well you were sold a used phone that was listed as new and they thought they could get away with it.  Can't explain that away when T-mobile sold me two new phones and they didn't have a reset date at the bottom of the cellular data screen.  You guys should probably erase that too before selling used phones as new because its an easy check and dead giveaway. I don't buy it and nor do your support comments seem supportive in helping you get the new phone you paid for.  I am posting on the BBB after this. 3 phones now I paid full price and were sold to me as used. I bet the AG would love to hear about this here. 

0 Likes