Spoofing calls
JEFROT35

I have recieved ove 40 calls from numbers outside the US.  I called Verizon and they said theuu were aware of this.  The agent said the only thing I can do is by a service costing $ 2.99 per month to block number.  I am already blocking the number and then I receive this fom anothe rnumber.  This is also coming to my wife's cell.  Is there anything I can really do.? The phone ws ringing throughout the night.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Spoofing calls
boringusername
Master - Level 1

I've never got that many calls in  day and never form outside the US. USually scammer spoof LOCAL numbers. You sure you didn't give your numbers to some shady people?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JEFROT35, I completely understand that getting these unwanted calls is never fun to have to go through. Once your number has been used during these spam calls, it can be rather difficult to stop. However, we can look into some alternate options. If you were to use our Call Filter feature, this can help report the spam calls coming into your device. We do offer a 10 day free tiral if you wish to try this option: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/call-filter-faqs/###

The alternate option to this would to be able to preform a number change from your My Verizon app or with us and then adding your number to the National Do Not Call list. 

JoseL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question, please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures that others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advanced for your help with this! 

0 Likes
wmgstar

Last night i was asleep and recieved a call labeled Verizon Support. I answnered and the message said your account has been suspended please press a number to talk to agentI hung up called the number back an it was Verizon support but after speaking with an agent he found that my account was not suspended and that he found no information that Verizon called me. He said they would investgate . I have had Verizon many years I have never had that happen so be aware

0 Likes