Is Facetime free when travelling internationally?
JCLOUSE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased the $40/mo International package on my daughter's phone. I'm trying to figure out if we really need this. I was told from iPhone to iPhone, if you Facetime, it is free, even Internationally. Is this true? She will only be calling me a few times through a two week period, and texting me once a day. Not sure which route to go. Texts are .50, I believe.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: $40 Travel Package Question
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

FaceTime uses data and it would only be "free" when the phones are connected to wifi.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

FaceTime uses data and it would only be "free" when the phones are connected to wifi.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

JCLOUSE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you; yes, I've told her to connect to Wifi as often as possible Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JCLOUSE, you've come to the right place to keep you connected internationally. I can understand the tough balance of saving money but having the connections that you need. What countries is she traveling to? Will she need internet as she is traveling, for directions? Here is a great place to start http://spr.ly/65898oNyz

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes