How does one get an iPhone order to show up cancelled online?
EVACLA34

I recently ordered an iPhone 7+ 32GB phone from Verizon (I would trade in iPhone 6+). The ship date was showing around Thanksgiving, and at first this timeline didn't bother me until I found out I would be traveling around that time. In order to get a faster ship time, I decided I would cancel the 32GB, and upgrade to the 128GB as these had a faster ship date. I contacted Verizon via chat to get my original order cancelled and then would reorder/upgrade online. During the first chat, I was assured the order was cancelled and that I would see the change online in 4hrs or so. I checked back on line after that time and it still showed as processing. I then reached out to Version a second time in chat, to notify them that it had not updated online and that it was still showing processing. I was told it would take 24hrs. to update online. 24hrs passed, no update online. I reached out to Verizon a 3rd time in chat, and this time I was told I needed to talk to the sales team? I'm not understanding why this can't be cancelled online? I've seen other online forums where customers have gone through the same process as me to never get it updated. 

I had a similar situation when I wanted to upgrade my iPad. Same situation as above, and  I ended up with 2 IPADs after talking to the sales team Long story short I had to go through the process of returning one and I was double charged. So sorry not doing that again.

Does anyone have any idea as to why Im getting told it is canceled but its not updating on the website? Is this how it works?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How does one get an iPhone order to show up cancelled online?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd like to ensure this order is handled correctly. Have you already been charged for shipping of the device? If not, the order should be able to have been canceled with allowing you to start a new one immediately.
-Tyler 

0 Likes
EVACLA34

No I was not as it has yet to ship. Still showing as processing online. However I have been told multiple times it has been canceled.

0 Likes
EVACLA34

My order is still showing as processing as of today. Nothing has changed.

0 Likes
EVACLA34

I needed to cancel my original order 4724111 - Verizon tells me it has been cancelled, not seeing it online. Yes, I aware of how a processing system works.  Not getting why this is so hard? The original ship date had the 23rd.  I have not been charged for this order b/c it has not shipped. Can someone please update this online so I can proceed with ordering a 128GB instead as It has an earlier ship date.

0 Likes
EVACLA34

My order is still showing as processing. Does anyone know of a magic button to push so it will show as cancelled? Anyone? Anyone at all? Verizon says it cancelled, online show it as processing.

0 Likes
danieller_vzw
Verizon Employee

We definitely want to make sure you are able to place a new order for your phone, EVACLA34. When an order is canceled, it may still show on line as processing, but will not actual complete the order. What happens when you try to place a new order?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EVACLA34

It will not let me proceed with using my current phone as an upgrade. So no go on ordering. Seems like the ordering system is broken if It cannot be cancelled online.

0 Likes
EVACLA34

Would anyone else like to try? My order is not cancelled on the website (although VZW tells me it is), and it will not let me upgrade using my phone. Think the ordering system is broken.

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I apologize for the confusion surrounding your order and I'm here to help. Let's look into this.  I will be sending you a Direct Message momentarily.

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes