How do I activate my iPhone 7?
CHELSAUR94

I got my iPhone 7 and went through the whole process on the phone to set it up, but when I was done my phone was not connected to Verizon. I tried resetting it and erasing all data and going through the whole set up process again. I also went through the activation process on my verizon account 3 times and removed the sim card twice. None of it worked. I did not have my old phone turned off when i initially set up my iphone 7, which I read can cause issues during activation. Any ideas on what I can do to get my phone to connect to Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help activating my iPhone 7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi CHELSAUR94,

Thanks to Ann154 for your response. I can clarify this for you. Since the iPhone 5 and the iPhone 7 both use nano SIM cards, they can be used in both devices.  This can be verified at https://www.apple.com

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you have a properly functioning device, Chelsaur94. It's concerning to hear that your device refuses to activate. Have you tried running through the Activation Process with your old device powered off?

HarleyE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Be sure your old device is powered OFF, and that your wifi is also OFF - it needs to connect to the Verizon cellular network to activate, and having wifi on intereferes with activation.

As soon as it's activated you can switch back to wifi.

0 Likes
CHELSAUR94

I tried this but still nothing.

0 Likes
CHELSAUR94

Tried this but it still didn't connect. I even took the sim card out of my old phone so it is no longer connected to Verizon, but that didn't work either.

0 Likes
CHELSAUR94

Could I replace the sim card in my IPhone 7 with the sim card in my old IPhone 5?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If they are the same size, you could use the old SIM card in he new phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi CHELSAUR94,

Thanks to Ann154 for your response. I can clarify this for you. Since the iPhone 5 and the iPhone 7 both use nano SIM cards, they can be used in both devices.  This can be verified at https://www.apple.com

ChristinaB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes