Does FaceTime use data?
Abrady1734

Does FaceTime use my data on iPhone 7, I've seen articles saying that Verizon doesn't charge for FaceTime so why is my data constantly being used? I'm at home using wifi while my fiancé is at work without wifi and all he does is FaceTime me and our data just keeps going down.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FaceTime on iPhone 7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it is important for you to keep in touch with your loved ones while managing your data. Based on the information you provided, it sounds like your data is being used while connecting to facetime. If this is not  the case, tell us how you are making sure your cellular data is not enabled while videochatting.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_
button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our
conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want your data usage to be a mystery, Abrady1734. It’s important to know where your data is coming from and how it is being billed. Anytime you are using wifi, it will not pull out of your Verizon data, as long as your wifi assist is turned off, http://spr.ly/65868nfrk. Have you reviewed data usage through your data utilization tool, http://spr.ly/65878nfrZ? Your phone settings will also show you what apps are in use the most. What do you normally use your phone for?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Abrady1734

The phones are just used primarily for FaceTime when my fiancé is at work other than that we are always on wifi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it is important for you to keep in touch with your loved ones while managing your data. Based on the information you provided, it sounds like your data is being used while connecting to facetime. If this is not  the case, tell us how you are making sure your cellular data is not enabled while videochatting.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_
button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our
conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes