Delayed Voicemails
boyardee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not receiving my voicemails on time. They can often be hours or even days delayed. I will usually get 3 voicemails at once with one being a new voice mail and the others being much older. I have already reset my network settings to no effect and my phone uses cellular data as well as wifi. How can I get my voicemails to appear when they are left for me? 

Labels (1)
Re: Delayed Voicemails
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Boyardee, your messages and callers are important and we want them to be heard. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. When did this first begin? Do you find this happens when at a specific location? Do you recall making any recent changes with the device such as new apps, games or software? You mentioned that the phone uses Cellular Data as well as Wi-Fi, do you physically slide the switch for the Cellular Data off?  LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boyardee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not entirely sure when this first began, only that I've been noticing that voicemails that are left will suddenly appear, usually in groups of 3. The third voicemail seems to trigger all of the previous ones to show up. The first instance would have been earlier this year, but I thought it was a fluke. Since then, I have noticed 2 other instances where voice mails show up in this grouping. 

I have downloaded many different apps this year, so I can't pinpoint any specific apps that I belive to be the culprit. 

At home or work I am continuiously connected to a wifi signal. But I am on cellular data any other time of the day. I do not manually switch this on or off, but I do have the cellular wifi assist off since it was consuming my data in low wifi areas of my home.

I noticed on another form that there was a suggestion to reset network setting. I did this, but I am still having the same voice mail delay.

0 Likes
Sandimascharvel
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a widespread problem and Verizon and Apple have supposedly been working since February this year. Verizon has a master ticket for it and no ETA. Yesterday I left a voicemail for my fiancee. She still hasn't received it. She is also on Verizon and has an iPhone.

Check out this 10-page thread:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Apple-General/Delayed-voicemails-showing-up-weeks-to-days-l...

Sandimascharvel
Enthusiast - Level 3

That link part was meant to go on another post because there are multiple threads people are starting with this same issue.

0 Likes
Sandimascharvel
Enthusiast - Level 3

NOW Verizon is telling me there is NO master ticket for this issue, and there has not ever been a ticket, after I was told at least 5 times that there was over the last 6 months that there was and they were working on it. ?!@#$%$#!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know the importance of getting voicemails when they are left on your line. We do want to help in any way we can. 

Is your phone completely up to date with Apple's latest iOS? We ask because being on an out of date version can cause this issue. 

When you power off the phone and then power it on, do your voicemails suddenly get delivered to your phone? 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sandimascharvel, I know how important it is to make sure you get your voicemail notifications, and also be told accurate information. I am here to get you all the accurate information regarding this issue. I do want to apologize for any confusion and misinformation that was passed on to you. I do want to inform you that there is a master ticket regarding the delayed voicemail. I am 100% correct on this information. The ticket has been submitted and updated, and we are working with Apple for a fix. Currently to get the notifications and stop the delay is to turn off WiFi and make sure Cellular Data is on. After this power cycle your device. I apologize again for the incorrect information, and want you to know we will get this resolved. Does this provide calrity to your concerns? SantoC_VZW

0 Likes
TLMinPA
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this same problem and it extends to SMS as well. Yesterday, I got both but they didn't show up for several hours along with a voice mail that was similarly delayed. It seems to happen with calls from two specific individuals but not from others. One is in Central Texas and the other is in SE Massachusetts so the problem is unlikely to be on their end.

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes