Cracked screens on iPhone 7s plus
SLAPSTICK_37
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had my iPhone 7Plus for less than two months, and the screen cracked! I took it to my local Verizon (where I purchased this expensive phone), explained my issue, was told they'd be with me "shortly", waited at least 35 minutes for a representative to come to me, and after I showed him the screen, his response was, "Oh, we don't do that here. You have to contact Zapp."

First of all, what is ZAPP? I was SO irritated, I just left after telling him I'd been a loyal Verizon customer for 15 years! I came home, googled Zapp, and found that they are the company who replaces the screens when they crack.

My question is this: How stinking hard would it be to tell a person purchasing one of these outrageously-expensive phones that a cracked screen is not something the local Verizon office can take care of (ESPECIALLY when the phone I was trading in HAD A CRACKED SCREEN, which was WHY I was trading it in)!

I was so intensely irritated with this rep's blasé attitude towards me and my problem, I had to walk out. He was no more concerned about my cracked screen on a 7-week phone than he was in walking on the moon.

If T_Mobile didn't have such worthless reception for their users, I would have considered leaving Verizon! However, I refuse to cut off my nose to spite my face.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cracked screens on iPhone 7s plus
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I think they will move this to the Iphone 7+ thread but as long as it is here are you sure they said zapp and not zagg? Do you have a cover on your phone from zagg? They are supposed to protect the screen from cracking and I think there is a warranty on it.

It is weird thou that the store said to go to them since I would think they would send you to apple first if you had a cracked screen unless you do have a zagg screen protector on your phone

stef7
Master - Level 2

Yes, the phones are getting bigger and bigger - some of the screens are under fair mechanical stress, and the bezels are getting so small... Even if you have it in some uber-case, if you drop it, put it in a bag with other objects, you may end up cracking a screen. Happens.

Be thankful you didn't purchase a Samsung 8. There are several people on the forums complaining of cracked screens in the corner, when they've done nothing to cause it to happen.

There are local shops that do screen repairs. Even Amazon offers in-house service (approx 159 for a 7+).

Here's an article on the subject:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/what-to-do-with-a-broken-iphone-7-or-7-plus-screen/

0 Likes
SLAPSTICK_37
Enthusiast - Level 1

To the person who replied and questioned the Zapp vs. Zagg: you are correct. I typed Zapp and didn't realize it. The company is Zagg, and they do have a warranty on my screen. I did order a new one and expect to receive it in a few days. Thanks.

stef7
Master - Level 2

good call

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SLAPSTICK_37

Firstly I want to apologize for the treatment you received in one of our locations. This hurts to hear. You always deserve world-class support. I regret any inconvenience as we always want it to be easy to do business with us. It is true that we do not offer a screen repair service. However, you are correct that this information should have been provided to you. Now depending on what insurance you have on the phone (if applicable), the insurance company we work with does offer a screen repair service. Click here for more details http://bit.ly/2pr0Bft. Regarding your experience, I would definitely like to forward this up to our management team so that this does not happen in the future. Can you please provide more details as to the store you visited and whom you dealt with.

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes