Cellular Update Failed
Maranatha846
Enthusiast - Level 1

Get a message Cellular Update Failed. Phone shuts off and restarts then get message “Cellular Update Failed”.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cellular Update Failed
boringusername
Master - Level 1

what device are you using?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Maranatha846. We want to make sure your device is working correctly. What model of phone do you have? You can find the model number in Settings then General, and About Phone. 

JeffreyR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. this ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jlhale

I have been having this same issue since Tuesday 1/14. Happened once on Tuesday, 5 or 6 times Wednesday and so far twice today... I have only had the phone for 2 weeks! It is an Iphone Xs Max

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jihale, this is never the expectation of a new phone! Please do the following:

1. Turn off your phone completely. This is recommended to prevent causing any sort of damage to the SIM card or phone itself.
  2. While the phone is turned off, insert the SIM ejector tool (or a paperclip) into the tiny hole on the SIM tray found on the side of your iPhone.
  3. Gently push the ejector tool until the SIM card tray protrudes.
  4. Remove the card tray from the phone.
  5. Then take the SIM card from the card slot.
  6. Examine the card for any signs of damage like scratches or liquid traces.
  7. If the SIM card looks perfectly fine, place it back into the SIM card slot in the same position before you removed it.
  8. Secure the SIM card in place.
  9. Then push to insert the SIM tray back into the phone until it’s completely locked.

Turn your iPhone back on and then see if the Cellular Update Failed error persists. Keep us posted on how this goes.

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes