Re: Cannot group text with multiple platforms
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am not giving up on this Petercalkins. The last time we spoke I seen that you had the 11.1.1 update. Have you downloaded the new https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/apple-iphone-7-update/ software? Have you tried using Verizon Messages + to see if you get the same issue? If not, please try and advise.

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!t

0 Likes
petercalkins
Enthusiast - Level 2

I couldn’t download the update software through the link you provided - got an “unexpected problem” note.  However, I did download the Verizon Message + app, and when I tried sending a test message through that, got a pop-up that says Integrated Messaging service is unable to send the message because this mobile number does not support multi-media messaging, and suggests I contact the Account Owner for the number to enable multi-media messaging.  This is a corporate phone, so that may be the issue - I’ll connect with our internal IT team on Monday to see what they say.

Peter

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your efforts are much appreciated petercalkins. Please allow me to look into your account and further assist. Please respond to my private message.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!t

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Petercalkins, thank you for getting back to us on what steps you have tried. Please let us know how it goes after you have spoken to your IT department.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Djmcats
Enthusiast - Level 1

Was this issue resolved?  Having the same problem with iPhone 6S and now XR

soonghun

I have the same problem with Iphone 7 on Verizon Prepaid. Can't group message to Iphone and Android. The Verizon rep told me it was a platform issue and I should use Verizon Message Plus. That works. However my buddy who is on AT&T Iphone does not have an issue and says it's Verizon issue.

0 Likes
erinh7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have a Verizon prepaid account, but with an iPhone XS and I'm having the same problem. The Verizon messaging app works for me as well but I don't really like it and would prefer to be able to use my phone's messaging app. I know Apple is looking into the issue, but based on what you said, I hope Verizon is looking into it on their end as well.

MarjorieAnne
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. The people at the Verizon store we're unable to help and I have tried all of the fixes you have suggested above. This is incredibly frustrating. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nobody here wants you to feel frustrated, MarjorieAnne. I can tell that a lot of time has been invested thus far, and we apologize to have you repeat steps. There are a few types of group messages, and we want to be sure we focus on the proper one. What is the make and model of your device?
What are examples of other devices in the group?

Do incoming messages arrive? Do outgoing messages deliver?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
MarjorieAnne
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a brand new iphone 11 and my husband has a new Samsung (don't remember the model now, but I can send later if relevant).  My son and daughter have older iphones.  When they send a text that has my husband and me included, he gets it and can respond.  I get it, but can't respond.  I can text my husband individually and he can text me.  But as soon as there is a Samsung and an iphone mixed, I can't send or receive.