Black screen for camera
JBOLAND0917

My camera on my iPhone 7plus randomly stopped working. When ever I open my camera it's just a black screen. Even if I turn the camera view around it is still black. There is no physical damage to either camera lenses on my phone. Any thoughts on what the issue is?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Black screen for camera
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is certainly a unique issue, JBOLAND0917. However, I know how important the camera feature is on our phones. Can you tell me when this started happening? Do all other functions and features work?

We recommend restoring the phone, and then test the camera once that is completed. Here is information on how to do a Restore: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
JBOLAND0917

It started about a week ago. All other functions on my phone are currently working and I tried your advice and did a restore, but this did not fix my camera issue. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JBOLAND0917, we always want you to have a working camera.  First, please check if there is a new software version available, update it if there is one, and retest it.  Once this is done please notify us of what Version you have.  Here are the steps to update and check the Version:

To Update-Go into Setting>General>Software Update>choose to Install the Software now.

To check the Version- Go into Setting>General>About>Version>Please tell us what Version you have (example: 10.3.3).

Have you added any applications to that Iphone 7 since you first got it?  When doing a hard reset/factory restore, you would want to first test the phone without restoring the old settings.  This can be done by doing the factory/hard reset first, then choosing to “set up as new iPhone”, then testing the phone.  If it works, then we know a third party app or setting is causing the issue, if not then it is caused by the device itself.  Please do the hard reset, retest without restoring first, then restore after testing by doing one more (third time for you) hard reset and choosing Restore from Icloud or Itunes.  If an app/settings is causing the issue, then we can troubleshoot from there.  How does that sound?

Here is more information on the reset and restore: http://spr.ly/65838tPrt

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

JBOLAND0917​, I love taking pictures and we want to make sure you can continue doing the same. Have you been able to get your camera to work with the steps provided?

Keep us posted.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
Sandiwithani

I have the same issue..camera is a black screen only while using Message+ on my ipad...My camera works with everything else. It just stopped working in the last couple  weeks, it worked fine before...My question is, if I were to delete the app and reinstall it, would I loose all my current contacts and conversions? 

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes