Re: Be Very Wary About Buying an iPhone 7 on Verizon at the Moment
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting - it's affecting 99.9% of iPhone users then.  A quick google search brings up a vast number of hits - also - Verizon and Apple have both acknowledged as of today that there is a very serious issue and they are working as quickly as possible on a solution.

Glad yore works, wish everyone else's did!

i ended up getting 100.00 in bill credit for this issue today

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

ROCKET1267,

I really want you to enjoy your iPhone 7, and I'm sorry for any issues that are going on. Let me ask you a couple of questions, so I can gather some information. have you updated the software to the iOS 10.0.2 yet? Is the same thing happening when using Wifi? Do you have Wifi Calling turned on or off?

Please let me know, thanks

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jacobv_vzw
Verizon Employee

John Doe, your spectacular iPhone 7 Plus deserves the spectacular service Verizon wireless strives to provide you. You have a great team here that will make sure your service is brought back to it's stellar condition. When did the 1x signal issue you are currently having begin? Please provide your zip code.

-JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

The zip code is 80303 but it's occurring everywhere - not just a particular zip or calling area. I live in Denver and travel the front range nearly every day... cell reception since day 1 of getting this iPhone 7 Plus has been nothing less than awful. I've done all the normal reset network settings, swapped sim cards, restored from itunes as both a new phone and using itunes backup - NOTHING has resolved the issue for me or many other people on these forums.

Looking through these forums there are hundreds of people experiencing the same problems and it's all pointing towards the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus phones on Verizon's network. We are going on nearly two weeks of horrible service that many of us pay a lot of money for... this is incredibly frustrating that there is no solution to this problem yet.

0 Likes
Dlrbills4me

Agreed this problem has nothing to do with location.  Went from having all my bars of LTE service on my old phone (iPhone 6) and then 3G/1x service in those same locations immediately after activating iPhone 7.  Thus far, have reset network settings, had SIM card replaced, had the phone itself replaced, and still the issue persists.  

0 Likes
Fronzman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm also having this same problem.  Random drops from LTE to No Connection, 1x and 3G.  Occasionally cannot reconnect until a phone reset.  Once or twice it came back up and indicated LTE, but there was zero data being passed.  That required a hard reboot.  Also seems to be somewhat related to GPS use.  I've tried disabling VoLTE, as suggested by others on different threads.  Still get odd drops to 3G in places where my iPhone 6 had rock steady LTE.

iPhone 7 on 10.0.2. in zip code 01701

0 Likes
kevinr_vzw
Verizon Employee

I appreciate you providing me with those details, JohnDoe. We want to make sure that we do everything we can to get services back to normal. If you go into your Settings, General, About, what Version is your iPhone currently on? Also, what carrier version are you on. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Kevin - You should read these forums before helping.  Appreciate the reply but this has already been asked by Verizon 10,000 times to 100,000,000 customers.  Close your orientation troubleshooting book and check out Verizon Issue Tracking Number 102095-091716.

Sorry to be crass - however these canned, uninformed responses from Verizon ‘Tech’ support are getting pretty infuriating to the point of insult and condescension

DAVLEV98
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is location based. I was in New York City over the last 5 days and had this issue very consistently. The issue complety stopped when I arrived back in my home town of Atlanta. There must be something unique about the network in the New York city area and some other areas that is causing this issue with the iPhone 7. Which also explains why this isn't a wide spread issue being reported.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

It was made known whene the update came out. It's not a carrier issue. It's Apple, but people won't condemn apple and will blame the carrier.

0 Likes