Anyone else missing calls (go straight to voice mail) on iPhone 7?
tas33

I got the iPhone 7 Plus (rose gold) on the day of release.  I've been experiencing calls going straight to voice mail quite often, with no missed call or indication that I got a call at all.  For example, I've been at my house or at work with the phone next to me, and I get a text from my husband that he's been trying to call, why am I not answering.  The phone didn't right and there are no missed calls. There is nothing wrong with my cell service at the time that this happens.  It's very annoying, because I have no idea if someone's tried to call and I completely missed it.  Usually, I reboot and ask them to call me back and it goes through this time, but I don't want to have to remember to reboot my phone constantly.

I checked all the basic settings.  My phone isn't in do not disturb, the contact isn't blocked, I have cell signal.  Anyone else?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone else missing calls (go straight to voice mail) on iPhone 7?
adriennep_vzw
Verizon Employee

Tas33, the iPhone 7 Plus is an awesome device. Let's get yours working properly I do have some questions to make sure we get this fixed.  Did you have trouble with your old device as well? Any trouble with placing calls? What software are you using (settings-general-about- version)?

0 Likes
Re: Anyone else missing calls (go straight to voice mail) on iPhone 7?
tas33

Hi Adriennep, thanks for responding!  I didn't have this issue with my prior phone.  I've never seen an issue making a call yet.  I'm currently running 10.0.3 (14A551).  I see there is an update available (10.1), so I'll install it now and post back if more issues occur.

I had the issue occur again today, but it was a little different this time, and very strange.  I received 5 text messages at the same time, all from my husband.  He had sent the first text about 7 minutes earlier and when I didn't respond he texted a few more times.   He also tried to call me during this time but I never got the call and he said it went straight to VM.  About 5 minutes later, I was with my husband and I received a call from him. The problem is that he was NOT trying to call me at that time. It is like it was the call he tried to make 5 minutes earlier just getting through to my phone (which doesn't make any sense).  When I answered it, the call connected and there was just silence.  My husbands phone was not in a call at all. He also has an iPhone and is on Verizon, and he's never experienced the issues I've had.

0 Likes