new iphone 6 plus says no sim card (less than 24 hours)
ten_33
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a brand new iPhone 6 Plus and it says NO SIM CARD (less than 24 hours) starting last night.  This was bought at the VERIZON WIRELESS STORE (not an authorized dealer).

Why am I sold a phone that doesn't have a SIM Card?  Why was I sent out of the store with a phone that isn't fully operational?  I did not specify an unlocked or specialized phone.  Just wanted the iPhone 6 Plus.  Ten-plus year customer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: new iphone 6 plus says no sim card (less than 24 hours)
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

They can't set up the phone without first activating it. If you can see the homepage of the iPhone without it telling you to set it up then it was properly set up initially. As I mentioned several times between this thread and the other...go back to the store you brought it from. You can also visit the Apple Support website for help and to download the user manual. But right now your best bet is to go back to the store you purchased from. And just for the future...don't leave the store until you verify that things are working right. Make a phone call while still at the store. Since you already had an iPhone I would assume you know the basics on how to work this one but if you feel like you don't then ask about their next available class. If you have an Apple Store nearby check into classes there also

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You can go back to the store to receive one. You bought the phone in store but they didn't activate it? Usually they will activate in store. If you're sure there isn't a SIM card in the slot and you didn't have a SIM card in your previous device that would fit then going back to the store will be the quick way to get this resolved. Even if one is in there and the phone isn't seeing it then going back to the store is what you need to do. The SIM card could be bad or there could be an issue with the phone.

0 Likes
ten_33
Enthusiast - Level 2

brand new phone straight out of the box.  I didn't set it up and I don't know where a sim card is, how to know, etc.  shameful for VZW to set up the phone without making sure it is activated properly.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

They can't set up the phone without first activating it. If you can see the homepage of the iPhone without it telling you to set it up then it was properly set up initially. As I mentioned several times between this thread and the other...go back to the store you brought it from. You can also visit the Apple Support website for help and to download the user manual. But right now your best bet is to go back to the store you purchased from. And just for the future...don't leave the store until you verify that things are working right. Make a phone call while still at the store. Since you already had an iPhone I would assume you know the basics on how to work this one but if you feel like you don't then ask about their next available class. If you have an Apple Store nearby check into classes there also

0 Likes