iPhone 6 trade-in promotion
geo10

I ordered a gray 64GB iPhone 6 from verizonwireless.com on 9/18, in large part to take advantage of the rebate offered for sending in my iPhone 4S.  However, when I received the return materials there was an insert stating that I would not be eligible for the full amount if my iPhone 6 is not purchased and activated during the period 9/19 to 9/30.  How am I supposed to take advantage of the iPhone exchange special if my estimated delivery, 10/22, is after the allowable exchange window?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6 trade-in promotion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am excited that you upgraded to the latest & greatest device out there! As long as you send the device back to us by 12/1/2014, you will still qualify for this promotion.

Additionally, as long as the device is ordered by 10/15/2014 you will still qualify for this promotion.

Let us know if you have questions.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am excited that you upgraded to the latest & greatest device out there! As long as you send the device back to us by 12/1/2014, you will still qualify for this promotion.

Additionally, as long as the device is ordered by 10/15/2014 you will still qualify for this promotion.

Let us know if you have questions.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW

0 Likes
davisesq212
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am very disappointed about conflicting information I am receiving from many Verizon resp about this promotion.  Briefly, I have a 4S and would like the 6. I went to the store and asked if I gave in my 4S immediately, in store, could the $200 be immediately applied towards the purchase of my new 6? The rep said yes but I would need to wait for the 6 as it is backordered. I said I didnt mind as I had old phones that I could use in the meantime. 

Today,  I called Verizon to ask another question about the promo and I was told that because the 6 was backordered, I could not trade in my 4S and have the trade in value of $200 applied to my purchase of the 6.  The phone rep said I would receive a VISA prepaid debit card with the Verizon logo on it when my 4S phone is returned by mail. (BTW, the Verizon store rep said any gift card I received if I chose to go that route, would be able to be used in store or towards my bill ONLY). 

Which is it?  I just want the 4S traded in and the $200 applied immediately towards a new phone (even if its on backorder)?  Can I do this or not?

0 Likes
dad_23
Contributor - Level 1

Not.

All trade-ins get a VISA prepaid debit card that you can then use to pay your bill at Verizon.

You should be able to charge the Iphone 6 to your account tho and then pay it with this VISA card.

0 Likes
TFeist
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope...can't charge the iphone 6 to your account.  I have been trying to do just that very thing for the past couple of days and it's not possible. 

If the phone is not available for purchase in the store, then it must be ordered and paid for via, credit/debit card or check.  It is not possible to charge the phone to the account.

It's a bad system...if anything you should be able to pre-order to a store and complete the trade in at the store...but that option is not available either.

This is the first time I have encountered this and I have been a customer for 20 years...it's just a flaw in the process and it seems that those that should care do not...they are sticking with this mess.  I actually received a call from someone in "management" and they stated the same thing, "At this time we will not be changing the process."

0 Likes
SamuelAdams
Enthusiast - Level 3

At least you have received your return materials. I can't get Verizon to mail mine to me. All I get is emails denying my trade-in because they can't find my order. Well, I have my phones. Verizon sent them to me and I received them on Monday. They are even activated and working, so I must have ordered them.

This whole trade-in is a BIG mess!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello geo10!

I'm sorry for any delay in receipt of your return materials! I don't like to wait either! You are able to contact the team for theTrade In Program here: http://vz.to/11nLmPY I'm sure this team will be able to resolve all of this for you

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
davisesq212
Enthusiast - Level 3

The is NO way you can charge a phone in a corporate store to your Verizon account. No chance.

0 Likes
TFeist
Enthusiast - Level 2

Heck if the stores had the phone in stock, I wouldn't need to charge the phone to my account...I could do the trade in there and take the trade in value credit and apply it immediately to the cost of the new phone. 

0 Likes