iPhone 6 Roaming on LTE in Canada
Leemz2190
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Everyone

I just thought you might find it interesting to know that the iPhone 6 roaming in Canada (specifically in the Greater Toronto Area) and on GSM will roam on Telus' LTE network if you enable data roaming.  I thought this was interesting since I haven't seen any "official" article for Verizon allowing roaming on other LTE networks, but I guess since the iPhone 6/6+ support so many bands, it works!

VZW iPhone 6 Canada.png

Note that VoLTE currently does not work on Telus' network...they are still in the process of rolling this out.

Labels (1)
Re: iPhone 6 Roaming on LTE in Canada
MJF77
Enthusiast - Level 3

They allow you to roam if data roaming is turned on while in Canada.  You will just be billed for the amount of data at a very high rate.  T Mobile has free data roaming and the better option if you are travelling..

0 Likes
Not applicable

Please hawk T-Mobile on their forums.

If you are happy with T-Mobile then why are you here?

MJF77
Enthusiast - Level 3

Contract has not ended.  Verizon customer service people unble to answer my questions at the corporate store and call center.

They do have a good network but others catching up plus I live in urban area so /i can pick carriers.

Hands down if you travel you should have T Mobile. Verizon the past year has seem confused and not understanding offerings.  I have been a customer for 11 years.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

What unanswered questions did you have? Someone here might be able to shed some light.

Not applicable

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2014/07/27/review-t-mobile-simple-choice-international-plan/

T-Mobile Simple Choice International Plans: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - The Girl and Globe

Internationally it seems OK, slow speeds but not all countries are available.

However in the USA the reviewer still said it s**ks.

But hey if it works for you go for it.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I Travel and most of the time my work T mobile phone has no signal or 2G, while my personal Verizon has LTE.   If you travel in the USA, you can't beat Verizon.

Weth
Legend

That is good to see.  I was in Canada in July, and only got HSPA+ 3G.   

0 Likes
Leemz2190
Enthusiast - Level 1

While I agree with you that T-Mobile has a great international data and texting plan (unlimited ), Verizon still has the best Canada calling (from the US) and Voice/Text roaming while in Canada.  I travel to Canada 3-5 times a year, and have a lot family in Canada that I call/text frequently, and I am able to use my phone as normal (for calls and texts) in Canada.  Basically, other than data, I use my phone like normal in Canada.  The 100MB data roaming package for $25 has been enough for me since most retail places have WiFi, although it was tempting to use more this past time since I was on LTE.