Why does Caller ID Displays Unknown Name instead of number?
C2K2E
Enthusiast - Level 1

It happens with calls not in my contacts list.  Yes it shows up in my Products and Apps page, it says "Get it now" which I selected when I enabled it, and it put me into a trial period.  I then installed the app on my phone and followed the instructions to enable it in the Phone, Call Blocking & Identification settings on my iPhone.  Once I did this, the incoming calls from people not in my contacts list stopped displaying the phone number.  I also still receive numerous spoofed number calls displaying my area code and prefix but now only see random names, companies, and unknown callers.  I have since deleted the app, disabled the option in the phone settings yet the numbers STILL do not show up, it will not revert back.  The app is useless to me if I still receive numerous spoofed number calls every day, ESPECIALLY now that I can't even see the number when the call comes in.  I was hoping the app would prevent spoofed calls, but apparently it does not.  I keep blocking every single one of them manually with the built in iPhone option, but when they can spoof virtually unlimited combinations of the last 4 digits, it's useless.  Very frustrating, is there no way to block spoofed calls???  I could have the whole prefix blocked, but I do have contacts with it.  My searching for solutions to this led me to the app, but I don't see it working, in fact it made identifying incoming non-contact phone numbers impossible.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why does Caller ID Displays Unknown Name instead of number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi C2K2E,

I'm so sorry for any and all inconvenience with regard to blocking numbers. You mentioned that you have been blocking these numbers as they come in, but they are all different number combinations. We offer different options in order to block numbers. There is Call and Message Blocking, which is free. Check out all of the options here: http://spr.ly/6589DMAwB;

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
db5226
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is so frustrating as each thread I find about this VZW only replies about the spam calls. WE NEED TO GET IT FIXED WHERE INSTEAD OF CALLS SHOWING UP AS “Wireless caller” IT SHOWS THE ACTUAL NUMBER! Maybe ALL CAPS will help VZW understand.

JMT13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just started having the same problem with a 6s.  Any idea on how to fix it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand that being able to view the number that is calling is very important, JMT13 Gladly we can assist in any way we can. Have you made any recent changes to your device? Do you have any call blocking or call filter applications? GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
Slovel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem.  When somebody calls my phone number who is not listed in my contacts the incoming call is displayed as unknown caller with a city and state I want to know how to turn this off I want to visually see the unknown caller’s phone number