Why can I make calls but not receive them?
JMac325
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good afternoon,

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered (new to Verizon)!

A week ago I switched over to Verizon from straight talk. The rep at the store was able to activate the phone and transfer my number over (awesome). Been loving the phone and Verizon's service here, but I found out today that someone had been trying to call me and my phone was stating "I'm not receiving calls at the moment".

I can make outgoing calls fine, but for some reason people cannot call me.

Can anyone assist me with this? I have the $45.00 prepaid plan, but I'm assuming that shouldn't matter as I should be able to receive calls.

Under my "Settings" I did see under the "Do Not Disturb" that the "Allow Calls From" was put on Favorites. I did switch this to "Everyone" but still did not change.

I noticed under Cellular--> Cellular Data Options---> Enable LTE that it was set to Data only. I cannot change it to Voice & Data. Is that the issue?

Any assistance would be appreciated!!

Thank you,

Josh

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can make calls, but cannot receive them!
JMac325
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Leo,

I actually went into my local Verizon store who assisted me and solved the issue!

For anyone that has a similar issue my suggestion is to go to your local Verizon store. They stated there may have been a porting issue when transferring my number from Straight Talk. All they needed was the SIM # from my old phone and they did all the work!

Very pleased with the customer service I received!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help, JMac325. I know how important it is to stay in touch and be able to receive calls. Is it all calls that you are not able to receive, or just from one number? Are you able to text and use data without trouble? What kind of phone is it exactly?

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JMac325
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Leo,

I actually went into my local Verizon store who assisted me and solved the issue!

For anyone that has a similar issue my suggestion is to go to your local Verizon store. They stated there may have been a porting issue when transferring my number from Straight Talk. All they needed was the SIM # from my old phone and they did all the work!

Very pleased with the customer service I received!