Why are text messages out of order?
grooveman56
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an iPhone 6S. On both mine and my Wife's phone the text messages are appearing out of order. This has been going on for the past year or so and is typically when a text is responded to within a few seconds. For example, I send her a text and her reply would show up above my sent message. If I don't scroll up I would not see her reply.

From the research I have done this appears to be a fairly widespread issue and I have not found a remedy for it. More of a nuisance than anything else, but I would love to find a fix for it. Phone is running 11.2.5 software.

Labels (2)
Re: Why are text messages out of order?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Grooveman56, we understand the importance of making sure you receive your text messages in the right order. Allow us to further investigate the details. Can you please let us know if the out-of-order text is happening to everybody you text or only to your wife’s device? Also, does this happen to both iMessage (blue) and or regular SMS messages (green)?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
Kormath
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue. I'm using message+ on the Pixel 2XL. My son's new iPhone 8 was activated Saturday, and this out of order problem with text messages started happening.  I've only noticed this with iPhones texting Androids.  His previous phone, Samsung S7 edge didn't have this issue texting with me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details. Since the iPhone was activated, are any other issues with service have occurred? Is send as SMS activated on your device?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes