Trade in deal
tommy005

I have a few questions regarding the trade in offer for the iPhone 5s towards a 6. First off, I live in Harrisburg, NC and I'm worried that if I trade in my 5s before the deadline (9/30) I wont have a phone till they get back in stock. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for new iphones to get back in stock in North Carolina? Also, am I able to go to a Verizon store directly and trade in my phone or would I HAVE to ship it to them? The problem is I don't want to go without a phone for a month if the phone isn't in the store by the time I trade my phone in. If anyone has any answers to these questions, please let me know! Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trade in deal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tommy005, I want to set your mind at ease. We realize that due to the high demand it may be difficult to get your phone traded in. I want to clarify the information you are referring to. We are asking for customers to submit their appraisal before September 30, 2014 so they can qualify for the promotional trade in value. We have extended the ship by date to November 15, 2014 so you will have enough time to receive your iPhone 6 and trade in your 5S. For additional information, you can click the following link and read under "iPhone Trade-in Promotion." http://vz.to/1q0nyxQ

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tommy005, I want to set your mind at ease. We realize that due to the high demand it may be difficult to get your phone traded in. I want to clarify the information you are referring to. We are asking for customers to submit their appraisal before September 30, 2014 so they can qualify for the promotional trade in value. We have extended the ship by date to November 15, 2014 so you will have enough time to receive your iPhone 6 and trade in your 5S. For additional information, you can click the following link and read under "iPhone Trade-in Promotion." http://vz.to/1q0nyxQ

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tommy005

I'm still confused about how to even appraise my device and even ship it. What do I do exactly? I'm very confused.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
tommy005

But it says I have 30 days to send my device in. That only till October 14th, not November.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

Hi, to do the trade in you go here.  Verizon will send you an addressed envelope to mail it in.  When you go to the above link, it will ask questions:

1. Does the device turn on and off?

2. Is the LCD screen free of cracks and functioning correctly?

3. Is the device and connecting ports free of visible corrosion and water damage?

4. Is the device and charging port free of cracks, dents, and not missing any pieces/chunks?

A promotional trade-in offer is available for customers who purchase a new Apple iPhone 6 or Apple iPhone 6 Plus with Verizon Wireless and submit a trade-in request for an iPhone (4, 4S, 5, 5C, 5S) that is in good working condition by 9/30/14.

Are you purchasing a new Apple iPhone 6 or Apple iPhone 6 Plus with Verizon Wireless and submitting a trade-in request for an iPhone (4, 4S, 5, 5C, 5S) that is in good working condition?

Customer must be in good standing at time of trade-in. Gift card may take 4-6 weeks only for these promotional trades.

Is the Activation Lock turned off (e.g. Find My iPhone)?

After filling it out, Verizon will offer you a price for your phone (for the iPhone 6 promo, should be $200 for iPhone 4/4S/5/5C and $300 for iPhone 5S).  You'll have 30 days to send it in to Verizon in order to get the gift card for your phone.  Here's the fine print from the above link:

Before you ship your device, please note the following:

• Manufacturer, model and condition must be accurately described in the appraisal process.
  • The device cannot be returned to you.
  • The device must be received within 30 days of appraisal completion or the value is subject to change.
  • Delete all personal information and data stored on your device prior to shipping.
    If device is operating iOS7, your AppleID must be used to remove the Find My iPhone application to reset to factory setting.
  • Devices that have been reported as lost or stolen are not eligible and if submitted will not be returned.
  • Important -- you must deactivate service on all devices before shipping.
0 Likes