Re: SMS / MMS Issues with Sites and Apps Only!
D3V4N
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann154 It's very strange. For example I can get text messages from google on pre-existing accounts that already knew my number before this feature just stopped working. However if I go an create a brand new google account that does not know my phone number already and try to setup 2-step it won't send me those messages.

Can you be more specific about the reset text message feature? Durring troubleshooting I was able to receive the test messages that verizon was sending me, but not other companies so they determined I needed to speak with advanced technical support for a network issue. Advanced technical support said it was not a network issue and now I'm back to square one.

D3V4N
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone have solutions for me?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Resetting to me means that they remove the ability to send and receive text messages from your line at the Verizon server level and then add it back without any previous options restored. Reset.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

D3V4N
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann154 Thank you for clarifying. No they did not do that. They told me there was nothing wrong with the network and closed my support ticket because I received messages, but it just doesnt go to my phone for some reason. I don't get it. The next time advance technical support calls (they check in every 72 hours or so) I will suggest that.

0 Likes
guynamedguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. My phone is broken, or It’d probably be getting them… While it’s out of commission, I’d still  like to be able to confirm my identity (via a short-code text) via the ‘My Verizon’ Website’s  in-browser SMS interface…. Unfortunately, those texts are the only ones which aren’t visible from the website.

0 Likes