SIM card
Cvt326
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got my phone and it says there is no SIM card .  Do I need to go back to the store to get this?  I have not been able to place calls or send texts

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SIM card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Cvt326. Let's get your phone up and running. As kaebfly mentioned, you can surely use any Verizon 4GLTE SIM card for your phone. If you don't have one that will fit the phone properly, you can easily obtain one from us! Options would be to visit any of your local Verizon Wireless stores http://bit.ly/3SdsA , or you can contact us to have one sent to you, directly. Thanks.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Do you have one from your previous device that will fit in it? If so you can use that one instead of going to get another one.

0 Likes
Cvt326
Enthusiast - Level 1

unfortunately no.  Guess it's back to verizon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Cvt326. Let's get your phone up and running. As kaebfly mentioned, you can surely use any Verizon 4GLTE SIM card for your phone. If you don't have one that will fit the phone properly, you can easily obtain one from us! Options would be to visit any of your local Verizon Wireless stores http://bit.ly/3SdsA , or you can contact us to have one sent to you, directly. Thanks.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ten_33
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got an iPhone 6 plus from a VERIZON WIRELESS Store (not a licensee), yesterday... Why isn't there a SIM Card in my phone?  Why do I have an expensive paperweight?  The phone wont work.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Is there literally no SIM card (did you check the slot to make sure) or is it having an error where it thinks there is no card? If you don't have one (or even if it's there and still saying it isn't) you can go to your local VZW corporate store and get one for free. If going to a store isn't an option you can contact CS and have one sent to you but you may not receive until Friday if you missed the cutoff for shipment to arrive tomorrow.

0 Likes
ten_33
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought an iPhone 6 pluse from VZW... it now has that message.  I don't know where a sim card is and ive not fiddled with the phone.  The store put the case on it, not me.  Same with my old iPhone 5.  I never took off the case.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Take off the case. Look on the right-hand side and you'll see a drawer. You will need a pin to push in there in order to open the drawer. That is where the SIM card would be. Or just return to the store. When you left the store last night was the phone not activated?

0 Likes
ten_33
Enthusiast - Level 2

phone was activated when I left.  just before 9pm a call came in where it didn't ring. just after 9 a follow up call where my old iPhone 5 rang (couldn't answer on the 5).  I was able to call the party back on the iPhone 6 plus.  when I went to bed... NO SIM CARD.  This morning NO SIM CARD.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Take the SIM card out, reboot the phone, out the SIM card back in

0 Likes