Roadside Assistance App Update Terrible
RGSkokieIL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iPhone 6S. I joined Roadside Assistance about two years ago. At that time I downloaded the App and entered my vehicle. Did it for my wife too. Together, we've been paying $6/month for over two years. Neither of us has ever needed assistance. Today I was offered an app update through the App Store. I now have Version 4.28.0 ... the "What's New" says "Updated user interface." When I launched the App, it asked me for my Name and Phone Number. OK, I entered them. I hit "Next" and it thanked me for registering. What? I registered two years ago. Then it went directly to the My Vehicles screen, which was empty, and said, "Add a vehicle to get started." What? I did that two years ago. I added my vehicle to the Vehicle List. Not easy when the choices offered appear behind the other text. Finally figured out how to get to color, and the vehicle is in. Now what? The 'left arrow' < in the upper left of the screen does NOTHING. The 'three dots' in the upper right offer the choices "Go to My Vehicles" (been there, done that); "Request Roadside Assistance" (don't need it at the moment); "Find Nearby Service Centers" (don't need one at the moment); "Call Customer Service" (don't want to); and "Log Out". I chose "Log Out". Wham! Everything's gone. I log in again (Name and Phone Number), Next, takes to the My vehicles screen, which ... guess what ... is EMPTY again and asks me to add a vehicle to get started. In my opinion, if this is an update to the user interface, it's terrible. QUESTION: What am I doing wrong?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Roadside Assistance App Update Terrible
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The roadside assistance feature is awesome to have RGSkokielL. I'm happy you were able to update the app but I'm truly sorry you're experiencing so many issues with entering in your information. Is the software on your phone up to date? Here is a link with the latest software for your phone http://vz.to/2b9Fz3t . Once this updated, try removing and re-adding the app and you shouldn't have any further issues once you enter in your informaiton.

Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RGSkokieIL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, sorry. My iPhone is at iOS 10.2.1, the latest. I deleted the Roadside App and reinstalled it. Same problem persists: 1) Launch; asks for name and phone number, thanks me for registering. (2) Transfers to Vehicle screen. (3) Click "Enter Vehicle"; difficult to enter info since choices appear behind other text. (4) Click SUBMIT. (5) Back arrow does nothing. (6) Go to Request Assistance screen (don't need assistance). (7) Choose Log Out from the three dot menu upper right. (8) Launch again -- does not remember my name or phone, so I enter it again; Thanks me for registering. (9) Transfers to Vehicle screen and previously entered vehicle disappears. Too bad we've paid $6/month for 2 years for this App. Odd that you think it's awesome. I'll be cancelling the service and signing up with Geico, AAA, or another competitor as soon as possible.

0 Likes
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

Wow, at least your iphone can get into the app.  People with Androids get: Hmmmm, member can't be found in system.  LOL.  This has been since the 23rd of February.  Verizon isn't doing ANYTHING ABOUT IT.  Contact Allstate who provides service with Signature motor club and Allstate claims the email address of developer is fraudulent, does not exist.  The CSR has all the email addresses for employees in her computer.  So it does no good to try and email developer.  THEN if you click on go to developers website, LOL, it takes you to Verizon!!  I did report the email address to Google as a fraudulent email.   

0 Likes
RGSkokieIL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Because of the faulty app, I dropped Verizon Roadside Assistance on February 27. It's too bad your post did not come sooner, because -- on February 28, I enrolled in AARP Roadside Assistance, which as it turns out is provided by Allstate! I downloaded the AARP Roadside app, and, except for the logo, guess what -- it's the exact same app, with the exact same flaw. I reported the problem to AARP on March 1. They replied, "We have escalated the matter to the concerned department and will get back to you as soon as possible." No reply since then, no resolution of the problem, and no change in the status of the app.

0 Likes
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

Yep, any app (for roadside assistance) through Allstate and Signature motor club is not working. A shame Verizon doesn't do anything about it. AND the Customer service reps know cause several admitted they know of the problem.  I just keep the Roadside Assist. phone number on my phone and uninstalled the app.

0 Likes
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

Your recommended uninstall and re-install this app is worthless.  Verizon knows of the problem, the CSR even admit they KNOW.  But close to a month and Verizon hasn't done anything to correct the app.

0 Likes
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

LOL, the app had an update on March 23.  Guess what, thing still doesn't work.  Wonder what was updated? Pitiful the developer is a fraudulent email, developer website is VERIZON, but nobody can fix the app. smh

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want anyone to have trouble with an application of ours psf2835. What version of the application was updated? What make and model phone are you working with?

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ferrets57

Version is 4.0.1 which you updated on 3/22/17  Phone is LG V20.  phone is UP TO DATE.  Already checked. uninstalled the app re-installed. Same message:  HMMM WE CAN'T FIND THIS MEMBER IN OUR SYSTEM.  This has been going on since February 23, 2017 when you updated the app then.  So, have the faintest idea what 3/22 update was for since it did not correct app.

0 Likes