Problem getting Verizon to honor the September $200 rebate
kwbr

I went to my local verizon store and ordered an iphone 6 in September in order to get the $200 rebate for turning in my iphone 4. I explicitly asked the gentleman who took my order, what I needed to to to get the rebate - he said all I needed to do was to bring the iphone 4 back in good condition before December 1st. I received my new iphone 6 last week. I went back to the verizon store last Friday to activate the iphone 6 and turn in my iphone 4. The store manager said they were having trouble issuing the $200 rebates, but I should return on Sunday. I went back on Sunday and they still can not issue the rebate and are escalating the issue. He suggested that I call customer service. There I heard for the first time about some requirement to have some registration done by October 15th. I think you should be able to trust the people you talk to at a verizon store to have the correct information about rebate requirements. Apparently a number of people at this verizon store are in the same situation - anyone else running into this problem ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problem getting Verizon to honor the September $200 rebate
h00t
Enthusiast - Level 3

I seen on the trade in FAQ page it said something along the line of doing it before 10/15 and sending it in 7 days after you get the new iPhone 6, no later than 12/01.  Funny wording.

View solution in original post

h00t
Enthusiast - Level 3

I seen on the trade in FAQ page it said something along the line of doing it before 10/15 and sending it in 7 days after you get the new iPhone 6, no later than 12/01.  Funny wording.

PatSwedenberg

We did meet the 9/15 deadline, we were told the return material was back ordered. It's been 2 weeks and now when we call VZW they said they have no record of us calling.

0 Likes