Re: Is there an issue with the latest carrier update 28.4?
Ryguy1726
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great info. Yeah they always like to blame someone else, really hope Verizon does something about this. Switched to Verizon a few months ago and won't be afraid to switch to another carrier.

0 Likes
albertor_vzw
Verizon Employee

shreysirsi, updates are always meant to bring improvements. Is this happening at one location or multiple? What is your zip code? Is anyone else in your area experiencing this issue?

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shreysirsi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well. In this case; I can unequivocally tell you that it didn't. The issues happen regardless of where I am. I can tell you that my experience tells me it's much worse than before. I drive to the Detroit airport pretty frequently on i-94 and have not had a dropped call in almost 2 years of being on Verizon. Since this update, I've had an average of 3 dropped calls. Today, my iphone 7+ even said no signal while my wife's iPhone 7 showed 4 bars. My father in law who is on the iPhone 6 had 4 bars as well and we were all in the same car.

Does this help?

0 Likes
JACMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, exact same issues and circumstances here. Having mentioned, in addition to anything and everything suggested prior I've also (now) removed, replaced and activated a new replacement SIM card as well, no joy.

since being stricken by the 10.3.2 / 28.4 carrier update(s), in an attempt to address and hopefully fix this issue I have done and/or performed all the following however NONE have improved much less resolved the issue:

10.3.2 soft reset phone

10.3.2 reset network settings

10.3.2 backup, full reset and restore

10.3.2 full reset, set up as new iPhone 10.3.2

10.3.2 full reset, install downgrade to 10.3.1

10.3.1 restored from 10.3.2 backup

10.3.1 full reset, set up as new iPhone

any/all combinations of enable/disable LTE voice/data, data only

disable/turn off LTE

any/all combinations of enable/disable voice/data roaming and Int CDMA

enable/disable WI-FI calling

10.3.2 full reset, upgrade install of BETA 10.3.3 v3

(my particular) pertinent stats: I have an iPhone 7 with an MDN in the 202 exchage, my zip code = 20850 and of note, it case it helps any I've spent the last fifteen years or so managing a growing number of corporate wireless accounts each supporting anywhere from 120 to 600 deployed devices/lines of service (hence, experienced). That said, in regards to any and all I've listed and tried above here's the kicker: I'VE HAD AN ACTIVE AND FULLY FUNCTIONAL VZW 4G NETWORK EXTENDER SITTING RIGHT HERE (ON PREMISE) THE ENTIRE TIME...

Here's a neat trick to try - wrap your hand around the bottom half of your phone (palm of your hand, thumb on one side, 4 fingers on the other), wait a moment or two then take a look at and note your signal strength reading. Now remove it from your hand and place the phone down right next to you, after a moment or two does the signal strength take a nosedive? If picked up and placed back in your hand as before, after a moment or two does the signal strength start to climb?

JACMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ps. forgot to mention, all the above was performed twice, once with and again without WI-FI enabled and in use (as well as) both with and without powered on/connected use of the local 4G network extender.

Pps. fwiw - error report as shown and repeatedly logged on my device:

"cellularLteRadioLinkFailure"

fail_cause: LTE_RRC_CRE_CAUSE_RACH_PROBLEM

band 2

sensor_used_in_last_5s_ms: false

(perhaps) somewhat of a viable lead if not hint as to where to focus efforts looking into this?

Thanks, appreciate both your time and what you do

JC

0 Likes
Ratruzz15
Enthusiast - Level 2

Shreysirsi,  I feel your pain, and it's frustrating to continue to be apart of this discussion and continue to read Verizon support continue to ask everyone who has explained the issue, and state that it's the same as the rest of us and yet still ask the same default questions they've asked us all a few times.  I have lost hope they will take ownership of this and work to get it fixed.  As much as I don't want to I'm going to have to switch carriers as my phone is vital to my job and life and I can't keep missing calls or losing them because of an obvious carrier update or a combination of carrier and iOS update or if it screwed up the sim card.

hope you can get yours fixed as well as all of you on this feed.  

Ryguy1726
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here, I'll be switching soon. I'm also having a separate coverage issue to which the Verizon Network team said "I'd recommend switching to another carrier". ✌ 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JACMD, I know that this experience with the combined software and carrier updated is less than ideal. Seeing that we've gathered a lot of great information, it's time to do a deeper dive. I've sent a message to your inbox. When you have a moment, please take a look and respond. I look forward to working with you soon.

La’SindaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ryguy1726, I apologize for any trouble the update has caused. I know that you need your service working as expected. The last thing we want is to lose you as a customer. To help further, I've sent a message to your inbox here. Please take a look and respond when you have a chance. I look forward to working with you in the future.

La’SindaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Furt1veOne

Is there any progress being made on the VZ side?  I spoke too soon when I said earlier it helped by resetting my phone. The issue just repeats and is frustrating.

Surely with the amount of people bringing the issue up from all over the country, there is an issue in the network or with the carrier update. Being the issue is spread out it can't be tied to a specific tower or anything.

Thanks for any and all help/information.

0 Likes