Iphone 6+
JFull14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am confused as to why people who have ordered the same iPhone 6+ as me, but later on the preorder day are receiving their tracking numbers and having the credit cards charged. I have had no activity on any fronts and I ordered the phone within the first 15 minutes of the preorder. I called CS and they told me that my estimated ship date is 10/7. i would be fine with this but my iPhone 4s decided to stop charging last week. I just figured they would fill preorders based on the time that the order was placed.

Labels (1)
Re: Iphone 6+
psparky
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't get any order status at all.  Verizon Wireless Customer Support can you check my order status for me?

dbartee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just wait until your order mysteriously is canceled and a new order (that you neither authorized its cancelation or the order) appears pushing the delivery date to 11/4/14.....

theroamingjoe2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pretty sure they did that with both of mine.  Both were ordered within 20 minutes of the starting gun and by mid-day both were delayed.

That's the thing that burns me the most about this whole process.

Mistakes happen, systems hang up, I work in IT, I get it, but seriously can you not design your systems to actually reserve a phone from inventory so that you can give your reps enough time to fix the problem with the order instead of just dropping people to the end of the line?  Nobody at Verizon will admit it but that's exactly what's happened to a lot of people.  You can't tell me that someone who ordered their phone at 3:08 AM EDT didn't get bumped to the back of the line when you see reports of others who ordered at 3:30 AM EDT, getting shipping notices for the same exact model!

And yeah, yeah, I know, first world problem.  🙂

SamuelAdams
Enthusiast - Level 3

Each color seems to have its own shipping date. This could be because of supply or popularity.

0 Likes
phonejunkie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Maybe they are giving new customers priority because I just placed my pre-order yesterday on Monday 9/15/14 and verizon just sent me an email stating I will be receiving my 2 phones on friday. Well I just checked they just charged my credit card for the full amount of the phones. I am becoming a new customer with Verizon.

0 Likes
4gcali
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow, you must be really lucky.

When I called last Sat. the rep told me people who ordered Sat.

would get phones mid Oct.

0 Likes
ssagye27
Enthusiast - Level 1

The same thing happened to me. In my case, I finished my pre order at around 3:15am est for the iPhone 6+ 64gb space gray. MY confirmation was 10/7. Two co workers ordered after 6am est and received 9/19 confirmation.

Verizon totally got this whole pre order system wrong and no one is owning up to it. Each rep you talk to has a lengthy BS excuse.

IGO2UA
Contributor - Level 1

I'm waiting with you. I ordered iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB in Silver and my estimated ship date has changed from 10/14 to 10/10. It seems that's one of the more popular choices or the one they didn't order enough of.

0 Likes
andrewp92
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon preorders is being whatever. I preordered my 6 Plus on 9/12 and it hasn't shipped yet. I know someone who preordered their 6 Plus on T-Mobile on 9/17 and they got their phone shipped today. I'd say, that's unfair.

0 Likes