If you get an incoming call from a phone number in Jordan, DO NOT ANSWER
DLinSF

I received a call from [removed].  This appears to be much worse than just a scam call. I was asleep when my cellphone rang. I answered and heard a conversation in English between a man and a woman who had foreign accents. When I realized that neither party could hear me, I hung up. Then I checked my recent calls, and it shows one incoming call from this international number, but it also shows one outgoing call (which I did not place) to the same number. About ten minutes later, I received an alert from Verizon suggesting alternatives for cheaper international call rates. It's about 2 am here, so I have to wait until morning to discuss this with Verizon, but I suspect they are going to stick me with a very expensive bill that I won't be allowed to dispute. If the incoming call had occurred during business hours, I most likely would have noticed the country of origin and not answered in the first place, so I suspect that an important part of this scam is to call people when they are most likely asleep.

Phone number removed as required by the Verizon Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If you get an incoming call from a phone number in Jordan, DO NOT ANSWER
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So sorry to hear about the unwanted call in the middle of the night, DLinSF. I totally understand why this would be confusing and I'm happy to help out. To clarify, receiving a call (even one that originates in another country) would not result in extra charges. Receiving a call would also not result in your phone placing an outbound call without your interaction either. If needed, here's more on how to block numbers: http://spr.ly/66021wpXa If you should need further review, check the Private Note we have sent. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes