I need to open an escalted complaint case but don't know where to go...
tsalter

Since Saturday (9/24) my iPhone 6 has not been connecting to the tower.  I just updated the iOS to 10.0.2 and ever since then I have not been able to make/receive calls or text messages via the cellular network.  I can only connect to Wi-Fi.  My device always says "no service" or "searching..." in the top left of the screen.   For reference, my wife is on my plan and has perfect reception on her iPhone.

So, I went in to the Verizon store on Sunday (9/25) and they thought it was a SIM card issue, but that was not the case.  They said I would be better off calling #611.   So I called customer service and it was around 30 minutes before I even had a chance to speak with someone.  The CSR, Melanie, was very kind and helpful but she could not resolve the problem remotely so she escalated it to a "Tier 2" technician.  After about an hour, the Tier 2 was able to get the Verizon cellular LTE signal to come on and I was SO very thankful.  However, not less than 20 minutes after hanging up, my phone lost all service again and cannot connect to the tower.

This going on 3 DAYS NOW and I am PAYING FOR CELL SERVICE BUT NOT RECEIVING IT! This is unacceptable and I would like a credit back to my account for the days I am unable to use the service I am paying for.  Also....PLEASE FIX MY PHONE OR SEND ME A NEW ONE ASAP! I don't have the luxury of spending 1.5 hours on the phone working with CSR reps, Tier 1, 2, 3 or whatever.   Clearly it is a waste of my time and yours.  My next step is to take to social media to raise attention this issue if it cannot be resolved here.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I need to open an escalted complaint case but don't know where to go...
rcschnoor
Legend

Is the phone still under warranty? If not, you cannot get a replacement without purchasing one an you cannot get a repair without paying for it unless you have insurance and/or extended warranty in which case you need to file a claim thru Assurion.

0 Likes
tsalter

I do have insurance (not w/ Assurion) but this is an issue that occurred through no fault of my own, hence I will not pay a $200 deductible for a problem that Verizon caused.  Insurance is there to cover damage that is caused by me (i.e., I crack the screen, drop it in water, etc.).  After the Tier 2 representative performed some remote troubleshooting steps, we both thought it was fixed.  But that proved to last about 10 minutes after we hung up the phone.  Now I am stuck paying for cell service that does not work and I would like that refunded back to my account.  I do not have time to sit on hold for 1-2 hours to wait for another CSR to escalate it again to a Tier 2 and then have this happen again.  I need a senior manager to address this matter ASAP because I am unable to receive business calls and do work on the go, unless I am on my laptop.  This is causing me to lose money.

Nevertheless, my question above was where do I go to file an escalated  complaint.  Do you have a number or email address for this purpose?  I will continue to escalate this until it receives the proper attention. Thank you.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried to do what the verizon rep already did before to get it to work? You could go into apple, my better half took in an out of warranty laptop that wouldn't boot up, they wiped it, gave it back and all is well. Best of all, it was free. Apple has good customer care.

Did you plug it into your computer? I think iTunes can help if your new ios installed incorrectly.

Lastly, you should try a factory reset if all other avenues have been done.

0 Likes
tsalter

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried to replicate what was initially done (soft reset, hard reset, reset network settings, etc.), but the Tier 2 rep was doing some background work on his end remotely so I couldn't replicate that part.  I might take it to apple but I really don't have the time to set an appointment and go hang out in an Apple store for an hour or more.  I would have to ask off a day of work to do that and would really appreciate some better customer service from Verizon.  Anyways, thanks for the suggestions!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

tsalter wrote:

I do have insurance (not w/ Assurion) but this is an issue that occurred through no fault of my own, hence I will not pay a $200 deductible for a problem that Verizon caused.

Of course you are ASSUMING Verizon caused this problem. It sounds as if you have had this problem ever since you updated iOS to 10.0.2. Not sure how that could possibly be the fault of Verizon since Apple has FULL CONTROL over ALL iOS updates. Verizon has absolutely nothing to do with them.

tsalter wrote:

Insurance is there to cover damage that is caused by me (i.e., I crack the screen, drop it in water, etc.).

Yes, it covers physical damage. It also covers phones which simply stop working. It is possible for phones to just stop working.

0 Likes
tsalter

You have great people skills Schnoor.  Yes there is some assumption on my part, but I am basing my complaint on what was told to me via the in-store Verizon representative, as well as the two Verizon tech representatives I spoke with on the phone yesterday as well.  I trust their level of technical expertise is well beyond that of mine when it comes to the functionality of the iOS and the service Verizon provides.  So when my phone just stopped working, it was caused by either Apple, Verizon or both.  Of course Apple will say its Verizon's fault and Verizon will say its Apple's fault.  If Verizon values my business (which is more than just this phone), I believe that they would be willing to assist me with a favorable resolution. 

Again, my question remains unanswered.  If anyone has an escalated complaints contact for Verizon, I would appreciate the information. 

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'd like to think they could diag in a short amount of time. My better half spent maybe an hour and they wiped the computer and had it back. This was all done without an appointment. They could at least tell you if it's a software problem or not and that should help you make your next move. Have a family member take it in if you work 24/7 with no lunch break or see if it can be dropped off and picked up later. I didn't go back and re-read, but I think you said someone else has no service issue, which to means it's a device problem. Factory reset it yourself. Again, plug it into your own computer. My sisters iPad has been bricked for months, it took some time, but I had it unbricked in a couple of hours and I don't even know my way around Apple products. Lots of options, just need to pick the lesser of evil paths.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tsalter,

Having a working device is a must. I can relate to how important it is that this is resolved. We'll gladly assist you here. I value your time, and thank you for the steps you have already taken. As a next best step, I recommend backing your device up and restoring via iTunes. What happens? Just in case, here are those steps: http://spr.ly/6587BCQdT.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tsalter,

Thanks for reaching out to the community member forum for help. It's a great resource. I'm sure we can get you the assistance that you require. As you've already identified that the phone worked perfectly fine before the iOS update, and that there's no Verizon signal or SIM related problem, we need to be working on the Apple software update.As there are millions of users currently using this software without problem, it can be assumed that your phone either did not properly receive or install the update and this problem is the result. My recommendation would be to update your version of iTunes on your computer to the latest version available. Use the following steps to back up your phone to your iTunes and then restore the iOS: http://apple.co/1IwUkFK If this does not resolve the problem, please run your phone through recovery mode, as this regularly addresses issues not resolved with a simple restore: http://apple.co/1diJJl8  Please share your results.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes