Early Termination Fee to move to Sprint?
ajuhnke

With 14 months left on my 2-yr contract, and wanting to upgrade our phones to the new iPhone 6 (3 lines), it appears an option may be to switch carriers. I note that some of the Verizon competitors have offered to pay our families' early termination fees in order to bring us over to them. How do I calculate the Verizon early termination fee? (I note that Verizon has a free iPhone 6 offer for new accounts but, does NOT offer this to their existing long term customers under contract.) Thx!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Early Termination Fee to move to Sprint?
Not applicable

first of all the free iPhone is offered to ALL customers.

Second assuming all 3 lines are smartphone and all 3 contracts end at the same time( you never stated if that is the case )then it would be $750.

ajuhnke

Thx...I belive they/Sprint up to $350/line to switch ergo, this would indeed fit (all 3 of our lines expire at the same time/Nov of 2015) Also, I talked to Verizon customer service about securing a new iPhone 6 and they said it was for new customers or existing customers NOT under a current contract. I do not fit either category unfortunately. (I'd like to stay with Verizon but, cannot get the free iphone 6 offer 😞 So, we are now shopping around.

Thanks for the quick reply!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ajuhnke, we hope that you reconsider your decision to leave and allow us to continue as your wireless provider. The Early Termination is a variable amount that starts at $350.00 per line for Smartphone. However, we will debit $10.00 from that amount for every month that you continue to keep your lines active. Did you verify if your lines were eligible for Edge yet? http://vz.to/18hFNL6

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ajuhnke

Never heard of Edge? This is what I see posted on the Edge web page:

For a limited time, existing customers who are within 12 months of their upgrade eligibility date can trade in their old devices and use Verizon Edge to enjoy the benefits of a new 4G LTE device. This offer is available 7/1/14 - 9/30/14. To be eligible for this offer, you must:

Unfortunately, I am only at 10 months (not 12) so do not qualify and see no way for Verizon to match the deals happening over at other carriers this month.

0 Likes
lelex1989

Would I be elgible for Edge? I'm almost 12 months within my upgrade eligiblity date. im on a two year contract which expires in October 2015.

0 Likes
ajuhnke

Their web page says you need to be at 12 months into your contract. That would be next month for you if I understand it correctly. Too bad they don't make customers more aware of these programs or make them more clear. I am not eligible because I am only 10 months into my contract.

0 Likes
lelex1989

So you have to be 12 months into your contract to be eligible for Edge? See that's not what a Verizon rep told me on the phone. to move to the Edge program they just told me you would have to be elgible for upgrade. They didn't say anything about having to be within 12 months In your contract.

0 Likes
ajuhnke

Maybe you can get on? I am simply quoting from their webpage:

For a limited time, existing customers who are within 12 months of their upgrade eligibility date can trade in their old devices and use Verizon Edge to enjoy the benefits of a new 4G LTE device. This offer is available 7/1/14 - 9/30/14. To be eligible for this offer, you must:

0 Likes
lelex1989

Another time I called they told me because Im almost a year into my contract, I could be able to lease the iPhone 6 for $32 a month or something. I'm assuming that's the Edge program. It's just alot of them tell you different things. It's very confusing.

0 Likes