Re: Does anyone else hear a fuzzy click about every 10 seconds during phone calls?
BKWI
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did some troubleshooting.

I am in 54501 zip code in Northern Wisconsin. The noise does not happen on every call, but using the speaker, Bluetooth or removing the case doesn't seem to matter.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone else hear a fuzzy click about every 10 seconds during phone calls?
swmusic29
Enthusiast - Level 2

New iPhone 6s received yesterday (my 3rd one).  I could hear the same sound on the first call.  If this is a "known issue," is there anything being done to fix it?  Do we know if it's a software or network issue?  or both?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

swmusic29 Being able to communicate clearly with your new phone is very important. Is this happening on all calls? Why were the other iPhone 6s devices replaced?

SheritaHHH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
swmusic29
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please read the original post in this thread. The sound during the phone calls is the reason the phone has been replaced 3 times. The sound persists, even on the newest phone, which was placed yesterday.

It does not happen on every call, but it happens far too often.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Swmusic29,

This is not what we like to here. Based on the phone issue you are having let's review further. When you activated the new phone did you restore your phone from a previous backup? Does this occur when you call specific people?
JasperMMMMM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cantrade

I activated a replacement phone and made sure the IOS was correct and the latest version.  I chatted with the technicians again and made some test calls.  The tech. thought the APPS might be updating which might cause the periodic noises.  I updated all of my APPS and rebooted the phone.  The interfering noise is still there and evident on most calls although more severe on some than others.  I'm not sure what to do now. I suppose I will restore my original brand new phone and return the Verizon replacement.  It seems that no one is capable of diagnosing this problem and, in fact, has ever heard of it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cantrade, I am sorry that this issue is still ongoing. Rest assured that we will do our due diligence to remedy this problem. I read that there was a ticket created on your behalf. I would like to follow up on that ticket. I sent you a Private Message so we can get some account specifics. Please respond there.
AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
BKWI
Enthusiast - Level 1

I, too, continue to experience the clicking. How do I proceed to a resolution?

0 Likes
swmusic29
Enthusiast - Level 2

I visited a Verizon store and the clerk told me that "Advanced Calling" needed to be disabled from the account side, in addition to switching to "Data Only" on the phone.  He assured me that would fix the problem.  Unfortunately, I still hear the sound during my phone calls. 

At this stage, it's hard to imagine any additional trouble shooting steps I do from my end will solve anything.  Of all the Verizon and Apple support staff I have spoken with, only one tech at Verizon acknowledged this as a "known issue" with the iPhone 6/6s and Verizon.   So, what now?  Is it being addressed with Verizon and/or Apple?  Do there need to be more complaints on record for it to become a priority? 

This is beyond frustrating. 

0 Likes
swmusic29
Enthusiast - Level 2

cantrade BKWI

If you haven't already done so, call Verizon and have them disable Advanced Calling from the account side.  Simply switching to "data only" on the phone itself isn't enough. 

I'm only a day in, but I haven't noticed the sounds as of yet. 

0 Likes