Can't receive/send text messages to certain phones
Mchao88

I just received my iPhone 6s Plus yesterday.  I set it all up and began texting everyone that my regular phone number was back up because I put my account on hold (switched over from Spring).  Much to my dismay I found that a few people weren't receiving my text messages through the native app (SMS).  I found this out because I was a former Android user and "Hangouts" was my primary messaging app.  I've read a few articles that stated it was a bug with iOS 9.1 but I had this issue before and after installing the update.  I'm going to hard-reset my phone but if this fails I'm not sure of what I'm to do.  Is it a service issue?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can't receive/send text messages to certain phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mchao88 we can't have your messages being lost. Texting is how I primarily communicate, I am sure you feel the same. Is it specific users who are not getting your messages, like from one provider or, all iPhone or all Android users? Are you getting all messages from all users as far as you can tell? Please keep us posted on how the hard reset goes.
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mchao88

Hard reset was a bust.  As for specific users, my girlfriend and another friend are both not receiving texts or able to send texts to me.  To top it off last night I discovered that some phones attempting to call my number was receiving a disconnected tone on their end of the line.  Is this because my number was ported over from another service?

0 Likes
Mchao88

2015-10-29.png

This is what it looks like when certain people attempt to text me.

0 Likes