Can I purchase an iPhone 6 at retail price and transfer everything from my current phone onto it without being eligible to upgrade?
jesslng
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have the iPhone 5C and am looking towards buying the iPhone 6, but my upgrade eligibility isn't until November 17, 2016. I would like to purchase this new phone and have no problem paying the full retail price. But, will my plan stay the same as it is on my current phone? Are there any fees I will have to pay for upgrading early? Also, after purchasing the phone, what do I do to transfer my stuff?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I purchase an iPhone 6 at retail price and transfer everything from my current phone onto it without being eligible to upgrade?
Snn5
Legend

If you buy full price, no change to your plan and no upgrade fee.  Use iTunes to transfer your stuff.  Your contract doesn't change, but you are still paying for the 5C, so keep that in mind.  Might want to sell that 5C to recoup the cost of the higher monthly access fee associated with contract plans.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can I purchase an iPhone 6 at retail price and transfer everything from my current phone onto it without being eligible to upgrade?
Snn5
Legend

If you buy full price, no change to your plan and no upgrade fee.  Use iTunes to transfer your stuff.  Your contract doesn't change, but you are still paying for the 5C, so keep that in mind.  Might want to sell that 5C to recoup the cost of the higher monthly access fee associated with contract plans.

0 Likes
jesslng
Enthusiast - Level 1

Could I trade-in my 5C at Verizon?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

IDK....you wouldn't get much if they even let you since it is under contract. 

Electronic Device Recycling – Verizon Wireless

Prices for Apple iPhone 5C (Verizon) [A1532] in US | Swappa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jesslng, we would love to help you get rid of that device. Trade it in to us right here. Just click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/mobile-living/network-and-plans/phone-trade-in-value-device-recycling...

LasinaHHHHHVZW
Follow us on Twitter VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes