Callers cannot leave me voicemail messages.
pod110
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently purchased an iPhone 6 Plus.  When people call me and I do not answer, the phone just keeps ringing and then eventually cuts the caller off, without giving the caller an option to leave a voicemail or anything.  I have tried pretty much every avenue I can think of to solve this.  I appreciate any help.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Callers cannot leave me voicemail messages.
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you haven't tried any of the steps on this article from Apple do so...if that doesn't work you might want to contact Apple Support or visit your local Apple Store to see if he Genuis Bar can help get things working. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201436

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

poc110,

Congratulations on your new phone! Did you previously have voicemail set up? Are you able to access yourvoicemail yourserlf?
DaisyP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the�CorrectAnswer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pod110
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can access voicemail and previous messages left from when I had my new phone, but I now cannot receive any voicemails. I do believe it is not setup and that is the issue.  However, when I dial (*VM 86) or try any other way of setting up the voicemail, I am unable to do so.  I get a "call cannot be completed" message. 

0 Likes
pod110
Enthusiast - Level 2

That first sentence should read "I can access voicemail and previous messages left from when I had my old phone..."

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What was your old phone? Another iPhone or something else?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pod110
Enthusiast - Level 2

iPhone 4s.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Odd. The iPhones should be on the same voicemail system and it should have transferred seamlessly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with your voicemail, pod110. Since you switched to the iPhone 6 you should be using the Visual Voicemail app through your phone to access voicemail now. Let me know if you have any issues, selecting the app should allow you to set up.

DanielK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you haven't tried any of the steps on this article from Apple do so...if that doesn't work you might want to contact Apple Support or visit your local Apple Store to see if he Genuis Bar can help get things working. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201436

0 Likes