Apple text from web
WILNOL21b

I have a apple 6s and so does my wife. However, I unable to bring my phone into work, so I use the web app to text my wife in the morning. She can receivce the message just fine but when she replies I don't get the message until I check my phone. M daughter has a samsung and has o pr

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Apple text from web
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If you are speaking of using the VZW Messages+ desktop app, you must disable iMessage on your phone and download the Messages+ app to the device. Otherwise, because of Apple's need to control everything, iMessage will prevail. This is why I got rid of iPhone.

0 Likes
Re: Apple text from web
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m delighted to see you’re using our web services for your messaging, WILNOL21b. But I want to see it working smoothly. Sprmankalel does have a good theory on what may be happening. When you send your wife, or really anyone, a text from Verizon Messages it is not being delivered to them as an iMessage. But if that person has an iPhone, their reply will default to iMessage since you have an iPhone as well. You can actually tell the difference by the color bubble on your message threads. Blue is an indication it’s an iMessage and green is an indication of a text. When you or your wife look at the text she replies with, what color is the bubble?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes