Re: Activate Advanced Calling 1.0 to experience Simultaneous Voice & Data
TimeToSwitchCarriers
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unless you are one of the gated Verizon customers that have been loyal to Verizon long enough to have unlimited data. Then they lie and say it's free to add hd calling, let you waste money getting a phone that's capable, and don't let you connect! Thanks Verizon, I'm glad you appreciate my loyalty!

0 Likes
TimeToSwitchCarriers
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hated not gated

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Mentioned this in another thread but I have unlimited and have had no issues activating and using the feature. No dropped calls and no issues. So yes, unlimited data plan users can use this feature on their iPhone 6/6+.

0 Likes
TimeToSwitchCarriers
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well you are lucky. They told me I had to give up my udp to get it! I am just telling you what Verizon told me.

0 Likes
TimeToSwitchCarriers
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does being on Advanced 1.0 allow you to talk and go online simultaneously? That's been my main reason for leaving iPhone .

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Yes I can talk and go online simultaneously. And to the previous poster (sorry using the mobile site so I can't qoute you both) everyone I know that still has their unlimited data (6 people in my family and quite a few friends) also are using the feature with no issue. I know I was able to activate the feature online for my phone with no issues. Not sure if anyone else had to call in to do it though. Just know that we all have it and use it perfectly fine with unlimited data plans.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Oops! Now I can see that both replies were by the same person lol

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes.

You can add it yourself on the phone by turning going to Settings/Cellular and selecting Voice and Data for LTE. If the Voice and Data is not available, go on My Verizon and add the feature Advanced Calling 1.0.  I have not heard one other person with unlimited data not be able to get Advanced Calling with a capable phone. It sounds like you are just being given wrong information.

TimeToSwitchCarriers
Enthusiast - Level 3

Im going to call back. Ive tried online and calling with no success. Every time I set my cellular data to calls and data, it pops up for me to go online. If I go online and select advanced calling 1.0 it will say unable to perform operation, or something lime that and to call 611 or the help number blah blah blah. When I called , the lady tried to turn it on and had trouble, then she said, " oh, I see the problem, you have the nationwide 700 plan, youd have to give up your unlimited data to get it, and I wouldnt reccomend you to do that". Lucky me.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

What phone are you using?  Having the feature on the phone and enabled on the account (and having a data plan) is all that is required.  Doesn't matter the plan.