phone worked fine this morning ...went back and now wont turn on

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why doesnt my month old phone not turn on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dr. Verizon is here to do a service checkup! Can I assume that the device is full charged and there isn't any liquid/physical damage on it? Try pressing and holding down the home key and the sleep/wake key for 15 seconds and let us know the results. As you share the details then we can customize a solution for you.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: why doesnt my month old phone not turn on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dr. Verizon is here to do a service checkup! Can I assume that the device is full charged and there isn't any liquid/physical damage on it? Try pressing and holding down the home key and the sleep/wake key for 15 seconds and let us know the results. As you share the details then we can customize a solution for you.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
why doesnt my month old phone not turn on
SierraTech
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was able to get a client's iPad to turn on by connecting to iTunes on computer and performing DFU (Reset would not work on iPad as described by Verizon, but it is the first thing to to try). If you need to update then do so through iTunes, if not then exit DFU as described in article.

http://m.tuaw.com/2011/05/25/iphone-101-what-is-dfu-mode-and-whats-the-difference-from-rec/

Hope this helps. My client thought she was going to have to purchase a new iPad, but her iPad is on 7.1.2 now and turns on every time (I've had to do the same with an iPhone 5 for another client).

0 Likes