using a Verizon Lte phone in Europe with local SIM
REX13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Verizon iPhone 4S and travel to France frequently. I am able to use my phone with a local French SIM, and it works fine. I am planning to get an iPhone 6, which will be 4G Lte. Will I be able to use that phone in France the same way I can use my 4S, which uses a micro sim card?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: using a Verizon Lte phone in Europe with local SIM
ASA12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes you will able to. All 4G phone these days are coming out of the box unlocked.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ASA12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes you will able to. All 4G phone these days are coming out of the box unlocked.

0 Likes
REX13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, but that isn't what I'm asking. I know it will be unlocked. As I said, I have an iPhone 4S, which I use in France. I am not familiar, having never used it, with 4G Lte technology, and what I was wondering was whether the Verizon iPhone 6, with that technology, will be able to use a local SIM in France. Do they make those phones, Verizon LTE, with two radios, LTE and GSM? Is it a GSM SIM that one would use in France, or is there only one SIM, which could be temporarily replaced with a local SIM?

Thanks again for your answer.

0 Likes
ASA12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, you will be able to use the iphone 6 with local GSM sims. 

0 Likes
ASA12
Enthusiast - Level 3

4g will be dependent on if the carrier has 4g or not

0 Likes
REX13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess I'm not communicating. I understand that, but I just want to know if I will be able to purchase a local SIM to use in one of those Verizon phones, i.e. the Verizon iPhone 6, assuming the 6 has basically the same sim arrangement as the 5S.

I don't care if it is 3G or 4G when I'm there. I just want to know if it is possible to use a local SIM in one of those phones in France, as I now can with my iPhone 4S.

thanks

0 Likes
Not applicable

How many times do you have to be told?

Yes it works right out of the box.

http://www.apple.com

The phone is not even made yet!

1-800-922-0204 or *611 from customer service can advise you.

International Support - Verizon Wireless

Good Luck