unwanted deleted emails
fkspots

anyone else having email from home computer's mailbox deleted since using an iPhone 5? can send/receive emails from different accounts with no issues. But, it appears that, when I power on the phone in the morning, some kind of batch delete occurs. if I delete or deactivate the email accounts on the iPhone, emails in home computer's mailbox are unaffected. This suggests that it is either a Verizon issue or iPhone issue. Of course, both Verizon and Apple say it is a server issue and to contact my ISP. ISP says there are no server issues and they have not deleted any messages. Have changed computer's email account's password, but emails still being deleted. Anybody have any ideas?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: unwanted deleted emails
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey fkspots,

This does seem very peculiar. Is this still happening on your phone. If it's not, great! If it is, let's see if we can figure it out! What kind of e-mail was this (Gmail, exchange, Hotmail)? Was it deleting new messages or purging old ones? Did this happen with any other devices before? Please let us know if you still need assistance.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: unwanted deleted emails
fkspots

MIchelle- thanks for getting back to me. It is still happening, but not very often. The emails, however, are being purged from my home computer, not my iPhone. They were all very old emails. The last episode deleted emails from 11/712 to 12/3/12. I access this email account through a web address not from my ISP home page. As far I can tell no emails are being deleted from my Gmail account which I now use as a forced backup to this account. Never had any email issues prior to using the iPhone. Assume I have some error in setting up the email account on my phone. However, as far as I can tell, my settings are the same as my wife's iPhone. She has had to email issues although we use different email delivery systems. Obviously, I would like to get this email deletion remedied if you have aany suggestions. Thanks, Fred

0 Likes