not recieving texts
paigemackenzie1

My I phone 5 FREQUENTLY doesn't recieve text messages. my work requires my team to text to communicate all day every day and I frequently notice that I cannot see about half of the conversation. It is not just group texts. i frequently don't recieve texts individuals either. I know every time they don't get my messages because we meet up several times each day and they ask me "why aren't you responding??"

Occasionally I will get a mass influx of texts from weeks prior all at once. All I can do is apologize when I finally do get them.

This is really jeopardizing my career.. it makes me look like i am dropping the ball constantly but really verizon is.

if it isn't fixed we will have to switch providors to see if it helps. Currently our company is one of the larges verizon customers in southeast Louisiana and likely would be missed.

I have tried turning i message off and that doesn't help.

This is really unacceptable. This is a brand new phone that I got from the Verizon store. I have been having this problem since I got it at the end of july.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: not recieving texts
paigemackenzie1

please email me or call me with a solution to this problem. I do not have time to continually check this website.

0 Likes
paigemackenzie1

do not text me because I probably wont get it.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a customer to customer help site.  Is your phone a company phone or a personal phone?  You mentioned the company switching providers, but yet said you went to a store and got the phone ... is it a company account or a personal account?

If it is a company phone, I suggest going to your company rep or IT department to see if it's just you or if the messaging issue is more widespread.  From your post, it sounds like it's just you - so perhaps they can swap out your phone to see if messaging improves.

If this is your personal phone, and you've been having texting issues since day one with this phone, then call Customer service to see if texting is properly provisioned on your phone.  Are you using the stock app on the phone, Verizon Messages, another texting app?

0 Likes
paigemackenzie1

It is a company account but my personal phone. I got the phone at a

separate verizon store than the rest of the phones on the account. I dont

see why the quality of texting would be affected by who pays the bill. I

just text i'm not sure what "stock app on the phone, Verizon Messages,

another texting app" means .. i have tried turning off the "i message

option" so that it "sends as text message" and that hasn't helped.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is right here, front and center paigemackenzie1! May I ask how much available memory do you have on your iPhone 5? Are you able to use other wireless services, like calls and internet, without any issues? I would suggest deleting your threaded messages, reboot, and retest. Also, please have wifi turned off during this test to ensure that iMessage isn't interfering.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
paigemackenzie1

ok, i'm not sure how to tell what my memory is, but i'll delete old text

threads and see if it helps. I do not seem to have problem with any other

functions of the phone. As far as i know all calls are going through and

internet seems to be working ok. thanks.

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 9:40 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes