just bought a "new" iphone 5c today and it has some elses messages
dougv
Enthusiast - Level 2

and the apple store is asking for that other users password.   Apparently this is used, and Verizon just violated their own privacy agreements by giving me a phone with someone elses information.   i think they also may have commited fraud because they said no where it was a used phone.   I can't get any apps on it because it's tied to another account.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: just bought a "new" iphone 5c today and it has some elses messages
dougv
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess the question is how deep does this second account go.   Their icloud storage is tied to my phone, their appstore ID, I have their messages (one was even sent tonight).   How do I get rid of their account?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is right here, front and center dougv. May I ask when you bought the iPhone 5c, did you login or setup a new Apple ID? This can be verified by going to Settings > iCloud > Account. Also, please check under Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID. If you haven't created a new one then I would suggest doing so then delete the info accordingly so your info can be saved.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dougv
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are four things right now that need to be addressed. 

1)  Notify the previous owner of a data spillage.  My settings are correct in the app store, i setup a new icloud account.  However, the previous user, k.belliveau@me.net is the person who the appstore defaults to.  You are required by the FCC "to report to the customer and law enforcement officials such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation if this customers information was disclosed without their permission".  Her information has been disclosed without her consent or awareness, therefore you must notify the previous owner that there was a data spill and that her account data was being sent to another person due to a mistake in one of your affiliate stores.   Private information dealing with her medical conditions, her financial status, etc. may have been sent and though I'm not exploiting that information, she should definitely take action to ensure that her information is kept private by temporarily disabling her former accounts, recreating them with a different user ID, changing passwords, etc.

2)  You also sold to me a phone as new which is apparently used.

3) This used phone is now due to another account eating away at the bandwidth that I have bought by sending me her messages, friends updates and pictures, etc.

4) I just paid a huge bill, but can't find any itemized bill in your website.  Please let me know how to see the details of this bill.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dougv,

I can certainly understand being concerned about this issue and we do want to get to the bottom of this for you. In order to see the detailed copy of your bill, you can sign into the My Verizon account and click on the option to download the bill. Was your phone purchased as a brand new with a new contract or was it a replacement phone?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dougv
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased two phones with a two year contract as new phones. You should

see this. I've called verizon about this, my wife is taking the phone

back to the store. Are you planning on contacting the previous owner as

required by law?

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <