iPhone5s drops ALL calls from home
SteFKT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just received iPhone 5s yesterday and he has dropped ALL calls multiple times. Seems to be slightly better when I stand outside but it is raining. I have reset network settings and removed sims card. What else can I do besides call tech support as I cannot get phone to work long enough? Thank you!

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone5s drops ALL calls from home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SteFKT,

We have all the tech support you need right here, and are happy to help. How long do the calls last before they drop? When you're on a call and watching the signal indicator, how many bars does it show? Do they change throughout the call?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Bring it to an Apple Store not a Verizon Wireless Corporate Store.

Apple will replace it with brand new device if they deem it defective.

Verizon doers not repair devices.

http://www.apple.com and use the store locator to find the store near you,

You could try a reset via holding the on/off button and the large app button in the center together. Then when the apple logo appears release the buttons and see it that works.

Good Luck

0 Likes
SteFKT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was just on the phone and it lasted 11 seconds before hanging up. I didn't watch the signal indicator but I will next time. Below is a copy of bars and signal on my phone right now. Sometimes there is only one dot while in my house. This taken after I preformed reset as you suggested in message. What next?

Thank you SarahO

IMG_8597.PNG

0 Likes
Not applicable

Actually at my home that 2 bars is great for calling. I get that quite often. No dropped calls etc.

and you seem to have a good WiFi signal.

Life is good in Verizon Land!

SteFKT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Life is good in the Verizon Texting Land NOT phone calls!! So frustrating!! I don't think there is anything wrong with the new phone, I think it is the service in my home. My iPhone 4 did this as well. I was hoping that a new phone would fix the problem but it seems to be worse.

0 Likes
Not applicable

However there are dual radios in the new iPhone so that should be an improvement. Sorry its not.

Maybe a network extender will fix the issues.

Like I said I get that two bars or three bars all the time at home with my two new iPhone 5s devices. Actually I had the same service bars with the iPhone 4

My wife with a Sprint phone has 4 bars all the time at our house. Its a crap shoot with the service towers.

Good Luck

0 Likes
SteFKT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I only get one sometimes two bars in my home. I haven't seen 3 of them yet but keep an eye on it now. So the only thing left is to purchase $250 network extender?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Buy it then if your family has a business or needs phones for emergency service personnel you take it as a tax write off. I use to put my drinking and snacking as well as my bowling dues off my taxes.

Of course 6 years later they caught the one year and I had to pay tax. My bowling dues were deductible for my four leagues but the $5000.00 in food and beverages as a business was disallowed ha ha

I wish you the best in your quest.

0 Likes