iPhone 5s text/iMessages not being received
Dpatte15

I am beyond frustrated right now. Last night  it was brought to my attention that txt/iMessages were not being received by me from contacts. so i turned phone off and back on-- nothing. This morning I reset network, and 8 messages came over from last night?! This evening- same thing happened again. Reset network and BAM there's my messages that weren't there prior to reset. I've contacted verizon numerous times, and they have all told me to do the same thing that I just did, and they "do something on their end" and it works correctly for about a month- then I'm at the same problem again.

i pay good money for service that half works! My SIM card has been replaced bc one Verizon rep said that "might" be it....clearly it isn't. 

so can Someone at verizon please tell me what to do, besides throwing it out the window?!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5s text/iMessages not being received
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely don't think throwing your phone is the answer, Dpatte15. But we appreciate you trying all those steps already to get to the resolution. When the messages are coming in delayed, are they all iMessages (blue chat bubble) or a mixture of text (green chat bubble) and iMessages? Does the delay usually happen when you're at home or connected to a particular WiFi signal?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Dpatte15

Both green and blue bubble. The past 2 days have been at home (28278) and few weeks ago at work (28277)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate those details, Dpatte15. Looks like there haven't been other reports of the same trouble in those areas. Does this trouble happen with the same contact(s) each time? Do your outgoing messages seem to be effected too? Do you have any other lines on your account who have been experiencing the same troubles?

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes
Dpatte15

No it isn't one contact in particular, it has been a few different ones . No other lines have this prob. Outgoing messages effected sometime. Last night and today different contacts didn't receive my message

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's pretty strange, Dpatte15. I'd like you to go to Settings>General>About and let us know the full Version listed. Also, when all these delays are occuring, how many bars of signal are you seeing and is it 1X, 3G, or LTE?

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes