iPhone 5s dropping calls
BattleJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been with Verizon since the 90's and have NEVER had an issue with calls dropping.  A few weeks ago I upgraded from the iPhone 4 to the 5s.  Prior to today I haven't had issues with dropping and have made or received a few dozen calls.  Today, while on a JOB INTERVIEW, the phone dropped or went silent and eventually dropped a total of 6 times.  When calling out to try to reconnect the phone would either be dead silent after dialing (despite call time counting up) or would ring and then when answered by the recipient (on a land line) would simply go silent.  Although I have never had an issue inside my home, I actually went outside in the freezing cold to see if it made a difference...it did not.  WTF?   Are the 5s just pieces of crap?  At least my old slow 4 actually could make and receive calls.  Help?

Labels (2)
Re: iPhone 5s dropping calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you had a dropped call BattleJ. I know its frustrating. Whats your zipcode? Please let me know if you have experienced this issue in the past. We can check for area issues. Your phone is an awesome phone and works well.

KinquanaH_VSW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

BattleJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

61701.  I've never experienced this in the past.   I've been with Verizon 15+ years and in this particular house for 8+ years and maybe had one call dropped in all of that time.  I've never had a call drop over and over and go silent and not be able to call out. 

0 Likes
tooterbean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Happening here in ND as well last 2 weeks. Getting old.  Zip code 58103 & 58102.  iPhone 5

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information BattleJ. I show no issues reported in your area. Thanks for being with us for 15years. It may have  been an issued that occured and may not happen again. If you continue to have issues with your service, please try this step http://vz.to/1jpC7LO and keep us posted .

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWsupport

sheerbot

I am having the same issues.  On a call with 3 or 4 bars of service and everything's going great.  Then suddenly SILENCE for 10 seconds then the call drops.  VERY frustrating.  Been in this house for 10 years at zip 77573.  No offense intended but I am not in the middle of nowhere - METRO HOUSTON!!  The signal is strong the call is going great and then BANG - DROP!  Plus when I get the "call lost" screen and choose re-dail that FLAT WILL NOT WORK.  I think the phone is just STUCK.  If I wait about 30 seconds I can retry the call.  No problem with the signal strength the whole time.  Happened today at 9:41AM CST and yesterday at 8:35AM CST.  DROPPED!

0 Likes
MoabUtah
Enthusiast - Level 2

My 5S drops call frequently, as well as does a "Springboard" reset about a dozen times a day.  It's VERY frustrating.  My friends that have the iPhone 4's and iPhone 5 does not have this problem, and supposedly it's a 5s issue only.  Regardless... it's enough of an issue that I've turned to eBay for a new phone as it doesn't seem to be big enough of an issue to be replaced.  Ugh...

0 Likes
Susieq64
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told my iphone 5  s has a fault antennae and they are shipping me a replacement.however, I have seen so many issues with the 5s on the Verizon network and I believe its a 5s issue not Verizon or maybe 5s is not compatible with Verizon network., I will see how well my replacement works. I think Verizon is aware of this issue but wont admit to it its a shame as I left AT&T 2 mos ago with never an issue to 2 mos of frustration with Verizon.:-(

0 Likes
disgustedcustomeragai

I too in same boat, so called Verizon and said had bad phone so sent new. In process of getting it setup and activated but unfortunately will have to go to the store as it is BS about removing sim card with a paper clip. If this one doesn't work any better will wait til Samsung Galaxy S5 comes out and pay full price and sell this piece of crap on Ebay or Craigslist!  And the verizon people who keep posting about where are you zip code wise, and service is fine, well that too is BS as with iphone 4 like you never had an issue in the same areas.

0 Likes
Susieq64
Enthusiast - Level 3

disgustedcustomeragain, you can use a needle like from a safety pin or a push pin to get the sim out. a paper clip is too thick.. I should receive my phone today. will update you all. thanks for your feedback. I love iPhone too but not on verizon. I'm ready for the galaxy, I'll even take the 4s!

0 Likes