Re: iPhone 5 won't hold Date & Time "set automatically."
Venghous1

I will add this as well... mine is doing this every night now.. seems only when plugged in... This morning i looked at it at 7:15 am.. and the time on my phone was correct, but the alarm didnt go off.. as soon as i unplugged it, it went to 5:39 pm Spet 1..  switched it to airplane mode.. then back and it corrected itself..  This phone is useless as an alarm and clock now.. i take a shower and when i get out i look at the phone, time is still correct, but my battery is now at 95% already???   so i reboot the phone, the battery goes back to 100%..   this phone needs fixed NOW!!!      when they had antenna death grip problems.. they gave away free cases.... when do i get my free alarm clock???????

0 Likes
sky808

Since my wife was getting error msg "iMessage Failed: you date and time settings need to be updated" before date and time get lost, I turned off the iMessage on my iphone 5 and using SMS (text msg) instead.  Has anyone else tried turning off the iMessage and using text messaging and whether that resolved the date and time problem?

0 Likes
AaronJ

I posted earlier that I have been having this same problem, and just wanted to update ...

I just had a call from Verizon.  The representative informed me that he has been researching the issue, and that within Verizon there is a growing swell of information related to this issue.  It seems to be affecting many users and it is being elevated in priority to get resolved.  He indicated that Verizon and Apple are working on the issue and will send out a fix or an update soon.

For now, my phone is on manual time, and that seems to be working.  Not a long term solution, but at least the time doesn't shift too far out of wack.

0 Likes
yogamatt

I'm having the same problem.  I haven't paid attention to the date being wrong, but I know the time isn't right.  It's happened twice already today while I've been at work.  If I turn off set time automatically, and then it back on it'll be correct for a while.  It always goes back to the wrong time some time later.

0 Likes
mjb0314

This happened to me on Sat. Oct. 13 after leaving a 3G area. I have temporarily turned off LTE so I can rely on my alarms and reminders.

0 Likes
Venghous1

This is a LTE problem... if you turn LTE off.. the phone works as it should.  I called Verizon on this and they told me all trouble tickets has been closed on this issue as it is fixed... IT IS NOT FIXED..   they are saying carrier setting 13.1 fixed this... it has not done a thing for this..  what good is a LTE phone.. if i have to turn it off to get it to work?  Do they read these forums? This is a national problem and it needs fixed now...   there are over 20 pages on this on the apple support pages..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer customer community forum and not a direct link to customer support.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Venghous1

BUT... VZ does moderate this page.. and DOES read this... see the other thread on this same subject on here and see where thay have removed some content..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's to keep everyone within the rules of the Terms of Service for the community only.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Blur125
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too have this issue. Turning LTE off/on again seems to resolve it for me, but it has been happening daily now. Very annoying while using iMessage, or apps reliant on time settings.

Verizon: Let's get this resolved eh?

0 Likes