early upgrade
kgoose23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have seen on here that a few people have successfully gotten verizon to move their upgrade date up and place an order for the iphone 5.  Assuming they are not b.s.'ing, how is this possible?  I have tried since the preorder announcement to get them to move me from October 5th upgrade date to no avail.  Has anyone had success with this and if so what do you have to do?  If I have to wait until the 5th the ship date might be 2013 and I have a shattered 4s!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: early upgrade
markus_hudobnik

Same problem! My upgrade is next friday.... They won't move it up by 7 day freaking days. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
EagleJim

Same problem also and update is for tomorrow.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Kgoose23!

Oh my! Thanks for your loyalty. While I can certainly understand your excitement for the IPhone 5, we are not offering any early upgrade promotions for this device. I am sorry to hear that your device is shattered. Do you have a spare device that you can place on the line until your eligible for new discounted equipment? You can dial *228 to change your equipment in our automated system. Did you have Insurance on this line? You can file a claim at http://www.phoneclaim.com/verizon .You also have the option to purchase
the IPhone 5 at full retail.

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw

0 Likes
xfiles11

I have a bad handset which is a Droid X.  The bad handset is creating problems communicating

with my 15 year old daughter who is at school and has after school sports,  Also,

the bad handset is very difficult to use on the freeway creating an unsafe driving

situation. 

Have talked with Verizon customer service for a week and service has been

horrible.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I don't recall VZW ever allowing early upgrades for the iPhone releases...and since anyone on the internet can type whatever they want to it's hard to say whether anyone really has been successful at it. But normally, on high demand devices you are less likely to get an early upgrade even if your eligible date is only a few days after the item launches. The options were already listed so that's pretty much all you have available to you (other than the non-mentioned option of adding another line to your account).

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

using a phone while driving is illegal in many states

besides it can wait, or pull over

do you have insurance on the phone?

0 Likes