Why is there no sound when I receive a call?
Smukrz

I bought a 5s this evening and I have made sure that my do not disturb is NOT on, I can listen to music but there is no text sound or ring sound when I receive a call. Please tell me what I have set wrong.  Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No sound when I receive a call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your notifications working Smukrz! The phone may be on Silent Mode. From the top left side of the device, flip the ringer switch to disable silent mode. From the top left side of the device, flip the ringer switch to disable silent mode. Please let us know if this helps.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your notifications working Smukrz! The phone may be on Silent Mode. From the top left side of the device, flip the ringer switch to disable silent mode. From the top left side of the device, flip the ringer switch to disable silent mode. Please let us know if this helps.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Smukrz

Well that was a neat little trick, had no idea that was a switch. I tried to slide it, push it,(like the volume buttons) and nothing worked, flipped it down and my ringer and all are working great now. Mad at myself that it was something so simple. But you learn something new everyday!

Thank you so much

0 Likes
Grandview2

I don't have a switch on the Left side of phone S7 still no ring tone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Grandview2, we want nothing more than to make sure that you are able to receive sound from your Galaxy S7. You have come to the right place for help. When did this issue begin? Are you receiving sound at all on your device? If you are, which sounds and or notifications are currently working at this time?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
GmanC

The one off top left switch is working just fine. I still have the problem of no sound when making a receiving calls.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Having working audio is needed to make/receive calls. I am concerned to read that you are having trouble with your phone audio. I would like to gather some details to best assist. What is the make/model of your phone? Can you hear when you put the call on speaker phone?

0 Likes