Why is straight talk still coming up as verizon on carrier?
jtvaldez76

I Bought a Verizon iphone 5 on Amazon.  Straight Talk worked but now I had to change the SIM card because the old one wasn't getting service when I went out of town.  Now the new SIM card won't give me email or Internet and my settings are still Verizon but my APN settings says tfdata instead of VZWINTERNET.  Is this an issue for Apple because Straight Talk had me do a full reset and it still didn't work.  Any help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is straight talk still coming up as verizon on carrier?
Snn5
Legend

The phone will most likely always display Verizon at the top due to being a Verizon phone and since ST runs on the major carriers.  Depending on your service zipcode and device used will determine which carrier as well.  The APN settings are different from Verizon because you are using a ST account.

0 Likes
jtvaldez76

I know but I'm not getting email or Internet and the settings won't let me edit.  Can Verizon see if it is an issue on their end?  My phone number and phone both used to be Verizon.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you have already ported and that port is complete (you used to have all functions working properly) then you'll have to talk to ST.  They might claim it is a phone incompatibility since it isn't an official ST phone.  Sounds like your SIM isn't being recognized by the network.  You may want to make sure your provisioning is correct.  But again, all of these issues are on ST, since that is your carrier and because everything did work at one time.

0 Likes